Shark Steam mop?

does anyone have one? If so, does it work really good? What are the pro & cons of this mop?

SherriX2

Asked by SherriX2 at 2:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have one, and I'm not really crazy about it. It's a lot of work to jam that thing over and over again, and it holds very little water, so you have to keep refilling it after only a small section of floor. It's like fill, wait, pumppumppumppump, steam a bit, try to mop, pause, pumppumppumppump, steam a little more, refill. It does get the floor clean, but it's a pain. I bought a Wagner 905 power steamer and I love it! You can mop it and the steam is automatic. It holds enough to mop or clean for 45 minutes, and you can scrub grout with it. It even has a tile and glass attachment to do the shower.  I bought a couple of extra sets of nozzles and some extra towel attachments for it.  http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thank you so much for all your feedback. Im gonna go check that link now :)

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I love, love, love my Shark! We have a ton of ceramic tile in our house and it's the only thing that I've found that cleans it really well. With 2 dogs, 3 cats, a pre-schooler and a husband, my floors get dirty quick! I can do my entire kitchen on one tank of water and we have a fairly large kitchen (21 x 13). I don't think it takes anymore "elbow grease" to use than any other type of mop. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm still able to use it with ease. What I love the most about it is that I don't have to buy any cleaning solution for it, it cleans using just distilled water and steam.
    ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 11:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have one and love it. I have a pretty big house and I can mop the kitchen, dining room without refilling it...the super long cord helps too!
    I dont have to 'pump' mine...it automatically does it when I push it back and forth. Mine's the Pocket Mop too..where you can flip it over and use the other side of the pad.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010