Why with my 1st pregnancy I actually was showing and this time round nothing and Im almost 35 weeks along?

I was huge or as big as I could possibly get with my first child even though I was overweight. Everywhere I went people could tell I was pregnant so I was very well showing and had the cute round belly and all. But Im 5 weeks away from my due date and when I go out people look at my tummy but I dont look pregnant so maybe there just looking at how fat I am lol I dont know. My mom has noticed too that Im much smaller this time round and shes shocked that Im still not showing. She even went as far to tell me the other day that I actually look like I have lost weight lol.When I ask my doctor he tells me that women carry girls smaller and that Im measuring right on time. I dont understand how cause like I said Im almost 35 weeks and I dont look pregnant. I have noticed that my stomach is rounding a little bit but nothing dramatic. I can definatly tell shes growing though cause Im feeling her in places I used to not.Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah totally, some people carry girls smaller, for me, i was just as huge being pregnant with my daughter. but my 2 sister in laws both were hardly pregnant at nine months with their daughters, just looked like they had larger mid sections or something. being pregnant with a boy is defintely cuter i thought. that way they didnt just look fat.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well honestly, and I'm not trying to be mean, but sometimes larger women don't show with all of their pregnancies. Especially if you put on a lot of weight with your first one. I mean I obviously don't knw if that's the case with your pregnancy but it could be one reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• its common girl. What happens is with your first your uterus has never been stretched out before so with your first you were showing really well. The second one you won't show so much but if someone were to touch that belly right now during the kicking session they would realize not a problem. Some women are skinny little toothpicks and show no matter what. When I was 7 months pregnant with my first I barely showed and I was like what everyone else shows lol. I'm pregnant with my second one now so I'm kinda curious how this one with me I'm 30 pounds more than what I was with my first. My sister in law didn't look pregnant to me either but she had the walk, the complains, and the look on her face lol I didn't know till she laid down and saw my niece playing soccer in her belly lol. So its fine, your fine, and if the doctor says your a okay then you don't have anything to worry about it's common in some woman good luck!!
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Wow anon:04, sounds almost EXACTLY like my story except my second was a boy. First DD weighed 6.15 and second DS weighed 7.1--and they're 6 1/2 yrs apart. I never looked pregnant with DD. I looked like I was ready to go into labor any second from 3 months on with DS. I went from 105 lbs PPW to 185 lbs the day he was born. Losing it was hell and took over a year to get rid of the last of it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i carried my fist (girl) everywhere it just looked like i was fat until i was 8months!!! but with my second (boy) i was all belly still never got really big but you could definitly tell that i was pregannt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• That's what happens when you are overweight, where exactly do you think you would show when you already have belly fat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OP... I only gained 23 lbs. with my first so I didnt gain that much and im 35 weeks tomorrow and am still shy 3lbs of what I weighed when I first got pregnant witht his one. I lost like almost 15lbs in the begining and still havnt gained it all back. I just find it strange that even though Im overweight I was still showing with my first and this time round nothing. It does make sense though that everything was stretched out the first time and so there just that extra there now. Im sure every women notices a difference in there body after there first child, I did. My stomach went south a little lol. When I lay down though you can tell just not standing up. Her bottom is getting higher and higher and when I sit down it fills like shes going to hit my boobs lol.
    Anonymous