Do you think moms of more then 1 child seem generally annoyed all the time?

I find this to be true when I have to be around parents. They are rude and unhappy towards there kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know a few that are that way. I try to avoid them and surround myself with positive and happy people.

I have three kids, but I don't go around acting miserable all the time. I don't think that having more than one makes people like that, I think they are just miserable people to begin with and it wouldn't matter if they had one kid or ten!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• :( so sad! Actually the most calm moms I have ever met have a big family. I think patience and discipline are learned and with more children you learn how to have both of these as well as wisdom (assuming that your goal is to bring up your kids in a respectalble manner and not just think of kids as a burden on the parent).
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No definitely not lol. I have 3 kids, and I have no problem with that. My friends who have more than one child seem to be a lot happier with their children and better able to handle more things than my friends who have only one kid. When I go to the grocery store, I often have 2 or 3 of my kids with me. Sometimes someone else's kid too. I manage to get everything I need, get the kids a treat, get home and put away everything, and do it with a great attitude. But 2 of my friends who have very well behaved 3 year olds will call me and ask me if I can watch their kid so they can go to the grocery store in peace because they "can't handle it" and then whine about their kids "horrible" (I laugh at their definition of horrible) behavior and how stressed they are. So no, I do not agree with that statement.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No I know a mom of only 1 that is way more stressed then me who has 2 that are much worse then her child. My friend who has 3 crazy boys is even better at handleing the stress then I am. I think that some handle stress better then others. Some people have kids that act and are just less stressful then others.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I completely disagree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• That's weird, not a mean bad sentence but it's weird. One of the happiest families I know has five kids and they are so organized and calm, every one of them its amazing.

Do you have kids or just 1 child. Families with more than 1 kid can certainly be more disorganized tracking down more people than one or two parents and one child. Plus many many households have two parents working which leads to more activites to chase after for everyone's 'own' time and together time.

I also know several people who have one child per family and those kids are actually even more run around and put into different activities 'to get socialization' without having the company of siblings cuz they don't have any siblings so the parents don't want that onsie to feel alone, lonely.

Why don't you try getting involved in activities so you can get some activities for yourself so you're not so lonely? It could do you real good.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Actually, I have found the calmest to be of multiple kids. LOL. I have nine first cousins by own aunt and uncle. They are the calmest, quietest people you have ever met. They are so zen. :)
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 4:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think it has less to do with how many you have and more to do with hold old they are and how close together. Moms of a lot of young kids i think are more stressed out. It's hard to take care of multiple children under school age. I think after that they kind of get into the swing of things. But constantly adding to your family and changing the dynamic definitely adds stress. I think another factor is who likes being a mom. I know there are times when we all wish we we're moms, it's a stressful job but some people just aren't cut out for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• LOL, no. I have three and will be having another in a few years. I LOVE being a mom and I am not generally annoyed. I can only think of one person who is generally annoyed that I personally know and she is just a miserable person, kids or no kids.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• generally no though the other day I saw this really pissy woman at babies are us and her kids where being pretty good for there age. some people just don't have the patience.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 6:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2010