• In the Spotlight:

How long does it take to get pregnant after a miscarriage?

My friend Miscarried at the beginning of Jan. and started saying she is pregnant again in Feb. She's trying to get back w/ her boyfriend, and he isnt' having it. She does have a huge tendency to lie, and since I'm not around her that often, I can't tell. I hear some friends saying she is, and the other ones trying to calll her out on it. I don't know who to believe cause of her dishonest track record. Could some one clue me in, so that way I don't plan a baby shower due to being lied to. I asked her mom once to help me on a baby shower, and she looked at me like I was crazy, and said that she has had her period for the past 3 months, and that was a year ago. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• u can get pregnant the next month. its possible. i did, but if she's lying thats a whole different story.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If she just announced being pregnant...then plan the shower muuuuuuuuch later - like maybe when you can see if it's actually true or not? Personally I wouldn't be worrying about a shower this early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'm unfortuantly a planner by nature. I plan ahead of time to create what kind of a budget I need to save up for, and who else wants to be included on the planning...I'm normally the one my friends go to, when planning parties and such.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I was testing positive with a new pregnancy 23 days after my last miscarriage. and that is my 6 year old now.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i miscarried on august 26th of 2009 with my very first pregnancy. on november 1st i took another pregnancy test & now im 5 months with my 2nd pregnancy =)
    kkinsey

Answer by kkinsey at 3:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's normal to ovulate before having your first period following a miscarriage, I've hear of women conceiving in as little as 2 weeks after their miscarriage. As for her lying just wait it out... it's not very easy to fake your third trimester and that's when most babyshowers are planned. Why throw a shower for someone like that anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2010