head injury on 8 month old

i have a one yr old and a friend of mine has a 8 month old baby so she asked my advice and i didnt know what to say when she told me her baby fell right off the bed when she fell asleep next to her.and this was the second time and she has tile floors... will her baby have brain damage or b slow maybe g*d forbid???? please help i dont know how to feel about this??

Momy2be954

Asked by Momy2be954 at 3:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's that worried she needs to take the baby to the ER right away, other wise call the doctor and see what they say.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I would tell her to quit putting the baby in her bed and put the baby in a crib so the baby can't fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• you should ALWAYS take a baby to the ER when they have a head injury no matter how minor you make think it is. especially if the babys under 1 year old, because the soft spot is not closed. she should really not put the baby in the bed with out either a saftey rail or buy a crib. its so dangerous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• The baby does need to get checked out...but also tell her not to fret it happens. When my son was 6 weeks old I dozed off nursing him...he fell from the couch to the hardwood floors. He was perfectly fine... I was told that crying is a good thing...if they don't cry after a hard head bump is when to worry...Good Luck and maybe offer to watch the baby for a couple hours, cause it sounds like she is in dire need of a good nap.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010