pregnant & cant sleep at night! WHY!?

i am 21 weeks pregnant not saying that, that is the reason i cant sleep but, its a little insight. but, anyways i cannot sleep at all i toss and turn and just cant fall asleep. its been like this for about a month now im up all hours of the night doing laundry, cleaning, watching tv when all i want to do is SLEEP! help! if you have any advise it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

kkinsey

Asked by kkinsey at 3:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry. no real advice but I am in the same place you are! I can't sleep and I am 5 1/2 months along. I have an 11 month old daughter that wakes up around 10am and its now 4am and I still can't go to sleep!

I've heard trying massage and a warm bath before bed can help, just doesn't help me. Also warm decaf tea is supposed to help.

Good luck! Hopefully, you have better luck then me!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think it's because you're body and brain just know something special's coming and its just the way your body is. Try having a routine cuz if you can get some sleep before late pregnancy when uncomfortableness (?) peaks, that'd be good.

Try putting on music that's a calming soothing sound, even white noise of the ocean - instrumentals or vocals of quiet music.
    And have a routine of istening to it before you think you should go to bed to calm yourself down. Lower lights just like you''ll do to help baby have quiet time. Rub your tummy gently or pat it gently.

Do slow breathing things like that to slow your hands and brain down. Focus visually on a point just breath slowlly out real slow. Maybe that will help.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I remember being like that too when I was pregnant. I was always restless and couldnt get comfortable. I would try reading a book or watching something on tv that you aren't too interested in. Those always made me feel sleepy and was eventually able to fall asleep. Good luck to you both.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's called pregnancy insomnia and it's EVIL! I'm thirty six weeks prgnant and no matter what I do I just can't stay asleep at nightbut lord knows if I could I'd try and sleep all damn day. it makes no good sense but that's how it is. I've had to start sleeping in a reclined position on my sofa kind of like half sitting up because some of the reason I can't sleep s the pressure of my stomach on my body because even lying on my side it pulls on my back on then you accidently roll onto your back and can't breath and well if you sleep in a chair it eliminates those prblems, oh also a shower at night to help relax your body could possibly do some good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• do you have a body pillow sometimes those help to the woman who is 36 wks. The answer to that i agree lfl your body is excited you are excited so you wake up to go pee, can't get comfortable, there is many things that could be causing it but it happens part of pregnancy lol. On the plus side your body could be getting ready for what is coming cause once that baby is here and you hear that first noise coming from your baby you will jump up and not even feel tired in the middle of the night or at least I did I had sleep problems with my first one. I was either hungry, couldn't get comfortable, too hot, see right now I'm pregnant with my second and I was thirsty got up and got something to drink now I got heartburn so here I am on the computer lol. But when my daughter made a noise in the middle of the night I jumped up and didn't feel tired at all lol. So just know your not alone just try to wind down before bed.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Warm milk, Drink some before bed.

Answer by louise2 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2010