How long did the area of your C-Section scar stay numb?

Its been 21 months and still slightly numb.

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 3:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Health

• With my 1 bad labor ending section and two more sections I never had a section numbness problem. But when I had my wisdom teeth out part of my lower lip was number for several years. I finally adjusted to it being a bit numb on my lip and then suddenly one day I realized that the feeling had come back.

I think you can definitely have numbness there because of what happened to me. What does your ob say about it your numberness?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• its been 2.5 years and the right side of my scar is still numb. the doc said ill prolly never get the feeling back. it dosent bother me at all cause its such a small area.
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 4:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I have had 2 C Sections, one lateral and one bikini line. They are both still numb pretty much and my oldest just turned 16.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 7:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It will always be numb because the nerves at the incision were severed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Mine is still numb its been over 2 years now. i've always thought it was just me but thanks to all of you now i know that im not the only one
    bornNbredHAWAII

Answer by bornNbredHAWAII at 7:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 3 1/2 years. then i went and had another one so i don't know if i would have gotten feeling back or not.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I've only had one. It was an Emergency C-Section almost 2 years ago [June]. It's still numb.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 7:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had 2 emergency sections 15 and 14 years ago. It's still numb, so I don't think I will ever get back feeling in that part of my belly.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had 3 c-sections and the last one was 5 years ago. Its still numb...the whole area around the scar is too. Oh well...the prizes were worth it!
    mommyhedden

Answer by mommyhedden at 8:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's been almost 5 years since my last was born and it's still numb. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010