When can I??

How soon can I hear the babies heartbeat? I'm 4 weeks along right now and I can't remember with my first cause I was 13 weeks pregnant when I finally went to the doctor no one told me didn't know lol. I was 17 when I got married then 2 weeks later I was pregnant didn't know till a month afterwards. So how long before my first sono and how long before I get to hear the heartbeat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I heard the heartbeat at the first ultrasound that confirmed my due date and that was at 8 weeks. The ultrasound was vaginal not on the belly like the 2nd trimester one. I didn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler until 12 weeks. The hospital I used did the 2nd trimester ultrasound around 22 weeks. Some do it as early as 16 weeks. All depends on your doctor's preferences I guess.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• usually u can hear the heartbeat at ur first appointment--but it just depends on when that is. because my first was when i was 6wks-6days..an my doctor told me it was too soon to pick one up. so try to schedule an appt. thats when ur about 11 or 12 wks, so itll be a for sure heartbeat that ull hear. im not sure when exactly u can pick one up-but I do kno from my 1st child i was able to hear his at 11wks.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010