I have a negative HPT even though I am 2 days late. Why?

I have a normal cycle of 31 days. Every month, no exceptions. I am 2 days late today but received a negative HPT. Why is this happening?

Tarheelgirl1975

Asked by Tarheelgirl1975 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• err because you are not pregnant? stress can make your cycel fluctuate
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I agree... if you are putting yourself under a lot of stress about seeing the positive HPT, you could throw off your cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• why is your HPT negative? Because maybe you aren't pregnant?? Or... you tested too early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Stress can make your cycle be a day or two late. I've had mine be over a week late due to various life stresses and I wasn't pregnant. If you are pregnant, you could have tested too early, you might not have allowed enough hormones to build up in your urine to give a positive test result. My advice is relax, wait a week and if your cycle hasn't shown up yet, then test again. If that's still negative, go to the doctor and ask for a blood test.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Either not pregnant or too soon to detect the hormone I got a false negative the first time myself.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• lmao....everybody is saying the same thing I was thinking. Because you are not preggo.

It is possible that it is just too soon to tell, but with the newer tests the are pretty acturate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i tested negative for a whole WEEK w my last 3 preg(s)... even tested neg w a blood test BUT was obviously preg... in my case fertilization takes longer
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• again, SOME women's body takes longer ... could be prego- of course it more than likely that you are not... disregard the rude comments.. most women on this site hide behind their anon buttons to be just that rude
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• How is it rude to state the obvious? I didnt see one person say it rudely.
    Anonymous

• "errrr..." lmao"....
    Anonymous