15 year old sister is saying she's pregnant. I know she's not. Sigh*

My sister has everyone convinced she's pregnant. I know she's not. She just got off her period. A normal period. She isn't sick...at all. She is gaining weight, but that's because her lazy self wants to eat and sleep all day. It's getting on my nerves because she has taken 4 pregnancy tests in the last month. All negative.

I tried to explain to her and my mom, that if she is far enough to be showing (think 4 months or so) she'd show up on the test. She wouldn't have a period. She could have some bleeding and I know that, but since I'm the one who bought her tampons, I know she went through a box and a half this month. The health department won't even test her because she's supposed to be 2 weeks late at the earliest. Now my mom wants me to take her to get a blood test. The gyno's around here aren't taking any new patients and her pediatrician won't do a pregnancy test (obviously). How do I convince them she's not pregnant?

GothicMommy3

Asked by GothicMommy3 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you have bigger problems than the lie of pregnancy,,,,take her to the health clinic and get her on birth contorl and have her watch 16 and pregnant if she thinks it is so glamorous! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• By getting a blood test! I know of a old friend who had her usual period up til the ninth month. Either way it would stop all of this one way or the other. What about planned parenthood? Or a free clinic? Just a few ideas to help you with this. Hope it helps as it was meant too.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 10:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 9:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Take her to the ER. Then, when the $4000 bill for the negative blood test comes in, maybe your parents will begin to believe that their daughter is a lying lazy attention whore
    ******************
    That is a little harsh. But ,yes, she needs some therapy. The whole family sounds dysfunctional. The girl is clearly depressed. Lying around sleeping too much, eating too much....signs of depression. And she needs to STOP being sexually active or,at least , get some effective birth control because she is in no shape to be a MOM. What a tragedy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

I tried the local free clinic and they won't see her because she had her period and isn't late. If I take her in to get checked for STD's (which I also need to do) and I request a blood test think they'll do it?

Also, I have tried to get her on birth control, she refuses to take it. The only birth control I can manage is not letting her see her boyfriend unsupervised. She claims she wants a baby yet can't even babysit my kids without screaming about it. I'm glad she's not pregnant, and on the off chance she is, she's got a really rude awakening coming.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• The pediatrician WILL do a blood test if you ask. I know its wacko,but they are able to test her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• if nothing else, time will tell the truth. You can't pretend to be pregnant forever.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• she needs some help. Sounds like she will keep trying to get pregnant until she really is pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why are you doing all of this? Just leave her alone and time will make a fool of her and you can sit back and smile and say I told you so.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

I agree (about needing help). As long as I can help it, she won't be getting pregnant on my watch.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

I can't just leave her alone about this because 1. I'm her legal guardian as of next month and she's on my insurance now, not my moms and 2. My mom and sister are concerned about the well being of the imaginary baby.

If she actually was pregnant and I didn't get her checked, I'd feel awful if something happened. Which again, shouldn't be a problem. I'm just really sure she's not. And FYI, my mom would rather her daughters get pregnant then use birth control. Stupid, I know. But I can't FORCE my sister to get on BC. I'll just have to watch her like I do my 2 year old.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2010