Okay mommies, I want to hear those confessions!

I've noticed way too much mom bashing on here lately by the "Mary Poppins" sect of CafeMom. You know the ones I'm talking about...the perfect mothers who know everything about child rearing and would never do anything their ped or psychologist wouldn't advise them to do.

I openly admit I am NOT a perfect mother, here are some of the things I do I shouldn't, how about you??

1. Sometimes I pretend I don't smell a dirty diaper and usher my child towards my husband so he has to change it.
2. Sometimes I turn on the tv and hand my 2-year-old a bowl of cereal so I can clean the bathroom or do the dishes, or better yet get to poop by myself.
3. I have been guilty of giving my son an occasional sip of a caffeinated beverage when we're out at a restaurant.
4. I don't always have the patience to have meaningful discussions with my son about WHY and I tell him "because I said so"

What do you do that makes you a HORRID mother lol

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 10:27 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, there are things that would make those 'mary poppins' mothers want to call cps on me. I have actually (shock!) gotten drunk once or twice when my daughter was sleeping (she sleeps for 12 hours a night and does not wake up at all). She has fallen off my bed twice. When I was on maternity leave, I was so stressed out that I started smoking again (always been a 'light' smoker, I"m talking like 1 cigarette a week) and would smoke outside when she was napping. I let her play and suck on my keys. I leave her in my house for about 5 seconds alone in the mornings when I need to load up the car for daycare. She has been in daycare since 10 wks, full time and I don't feel bad about it. The list goes on. I am a great mother, but I am a modern woman, as well.
    Anonymous

• LOL!! You made me choke on my coffee!

I do the dirty diaper thing too!
    I put my baby in her exersaucer thingy so I can empty the diswasher, pee and feed the dogs
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I do just about all of that. Its frustrating being a mother sometimes. There have been several times I wish I would have done things different, but then I look at my son and my bulgging belly and thank god for both of them. I love my kids, but I need a break sometimes.
    a.mitchell09

Answer by a.mitchell09 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• LOL! Oh dear, you are SO bad! (not!) I'm guilty of EVERYTHING on your list!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 1. I let my daughter drink coffee on occassion
    2. I let her stay up too late because we homeschool and I am not getting up at 6am to start
    3. I let her watch tv shows that some mom don't like (16 & preg) but then we talk about the content
    4. If she wants pizza for breakfast, then pizza it is!
    5. When my daughter gets in trouble and I tell her to go to her room until she stops crying, and she cries and carries on for an hour, when she could have shut up and came right out ... I sometimes find myself laughing about how stupid that is! LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• We play the "you touched them last game." We've been doing it so long that even the older kids got into it.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 1. i let my son watch t.v. so i can get some time for myself.
    2. i let my baby cry for 5 minutes to see if he'll go to sleep even though he's only 2 months old.
    3. i let my old son drink to much soda, when i shouldn't.
    4. whatever he wants for breakfast and lunc2h i give him. even though i should only let him have what i make him.
    the list could go on and on, but i am a good mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OP, I do everything you just listed! I have also:
    let my kids stay up very late if we didn't have to get up the next day
    slept in even though I can hear them up already
    they have a tv in their room
    I've let my oldest play video games all day because it gave me a chance to clean the house

I just hope CPS doesn't come knocking at my door.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 1- i let my dd shes 4 drink pepsi when i probably shouldnt
    2-i let my daughter watch shows other moms hate like family guy i know thats bad lol
    3-my dd thinks boys have cooties cause i told her they did one time as a joke lol haha
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• 1. I have pretended to not smell the diaper (nothing is sexer than a man that changes diaper)
    2. My son has a trach and when my mom is hear I pretend I don't hear that he needs to be suctioned
    3. Let the kids stay up later cause i was in the middle of watching a good show and didn't want to miss it.
    4."Lost" a toy cause it was annoying and couldn't stand it any longer
    5. My girls dad and I aren't together but when my oldest was little I was to bring her over in her PJ and claimed she just got up
    trachmom312

Answer by trachmom312 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010