Does it drive you crazy when people mispronounce words?

My neighbor said "Tal-A-Pee-A" for tilapia last night...I do not correct people, that is rude. But it does drive me insane!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My peeve is when they pronounce the E and the end of French words like Porshe and forte.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• IR-regardless is my personal favorite! It means the opposite of what you think it means!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Irrefutable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OK I'm one of those that has a problem with a number of words. I know how they're supposed to be pronounced but at times I mess up. My biggest one is Ambulance. I don't know why I pronounce it Ambleance. Then there's Tsunami. I Know how to pronounce it but at times I add the T. The list goes on. We laugh about it all the time. Husband is always correcting me. I'm glad he does it reminds me that I need to slow down and think about how I am saying words.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Life is too short to allow something as silly as that to bother me.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• my BFF will get on to me for pronouncing the vidalia onion cuz she says the accent is on the dal instead of the vi. I don't correct her when she says idear for idea. I was raised in Detroit and she was raised in rural Georgia and it is amazing how different ways words are mis pronounced.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• LOL! My mom says wrestling "wrass-ling." My sister and I always tease her about it and she gets so mad! Now whenever she says it, we just kind of look at each other and smile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My daughter used to say 'brawl' for 'bra'...but thankfully now that she is old enough to need one she can say it correctly. I try not to let mispronounced words upset me. Life is too short.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yes...uhg. I only correct my mom, but, she wants me too. She said if she had the money, she would hire a dialect coach. She says things like " Yal-luh" for yellow...and many more. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• SAL-mon!! Eeek!!! it is Sa-mon, the "L" is silent!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2010