Im a little dissapointed!!! :( But, still happy!

I had my first OB appointment today, and it was only a small assesment, with asking many questions about mid-wife beliefs so on.. they didnt take weight, blood, nothing.. but I was told i would get that my next visit, which is at 11 weeks, (4 weeks away) Im so excited though, she said she may try to hear the heart beat at least. I guess, I wanted to actually feel pregnant, lol I want to see the little bean, and know theres something in there. What was your first ob apt like when you got to see an ultrasound??

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 10:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• congrats!!!
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• it was great. the ultrasound is the best part. i told my ob with both pregnancies that i had no idea when i conceived. that usually makes them do an ultrasound right away to get an approximate of how far along you are. haha. good luck at your next appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yep, I usually skip the really early appointment and just schedule one for closer to 10 weeks. Then they usually do the ultrasound on my first visit. It's a longer wait, but you can get more out of the visit. Plus, there is always the risk of M/C early on and I never wanted to build up the pregnancy too much just in case.

Congrats! Next time it'll be more fun! As the pregnancy continues, more things will happen. When you feel the kicks, you'll know it's real! ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• At my first OB appointment at the very end after the long meeting and history taking and exam, etc, etc, etc. I asked my doctor "So I am definitely pregnant, right?" I think he really had to make an effort to keep from laughing at me. I just didn't really FEEL pregnant, not that I knew what that was even supposed to feel like. Once I had my ultra sound a week or so later and I saw that little being moving around everything felt a little more like I anticipated. Even if you hear the heartbeat at your next visit it will make things so much more real. In a few short months you will be growing, and experiencing all the wonders of pregnancy, good and bad, so just enjoy this time and try to take it all in. For me it was a really wonderful time, although it did take a while to really grasp the idea that I was pregnant. Good luck and congratulations!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2010