Yes, you can get a headache from a massage if you don't drink plenty of water afterwards. The thing is that you're having a ton of toxins released from your muscles. You need some way to flush them out, and that's where the water comes in. If you don't, you end up with those toxins that kept your muscles tight settling back into your system. That's where the headache comes from.
I've had a couple very deep massages and never got a headache, but I also drank a couple quarts of water during the remainder of those days. And this may be TMI, but I really did have a lot of toxins in my body, because it took until the next day with still drinking plenty of water for my urine not to be dark yellow!
at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010