I swear if I ever met face to face with the person who first designed homes without enclosed porches/mud rooms/coat rooms I'd kick them in the shin!

I'd dedicate my shin-kick to Spring aka mud season and steam mopping my floor thrice a day and the 50 times a day I bend over to pick up little dirt clods (I have dogs) off the floor only to throw my rag in the laundry and realize there was a few more hiding!!!

If you were going to kick someone in the shin over home design/consumer/cleaning products like this.. who would it be and why?

The person I'd hug, on the other hand, is the person who invented the windows that you can get to the outside of by squeezing little tabs and sliding your window in the house so you can clean the outside of it. Summer aka cluster fly swarming/die on my window sill season would make me insane without these windows!

If you were going to give someone a hug over home design/consumer/cleaning products, who would it be and why?

JamesAndMe

Asked by JamesAndMe at 10:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ooooh i thought you said for the personwho designed mud rooms etc. i was like, actually they are pretty convienient. lol. Yeah, and to whom i would give a hug too......not really sure, but i do know that i love enclosed porches, mud rooms, and never had a coat room, but i did have a coat closet
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Are you done venting now. Would you like to borrow my copies of the "Little House on the Prairie" books? They didn't have mud rooms. They had floors with cracks between that Laura would sweep dirt through the floor and it would fall under the house. They also had outhouses. Lots of fun during the winter when they tied a rope between the outhouse, the barn and the house in case of blizzard.

I think I would hug the person who invented furnaces and hot water heaters and air conditioners and refrigerators...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I ask a nice/non-drama stirring question and I get a facetious and patronizing answer that is pretty darn well worthless.

You women like this need to stop pushing others down to make yourselves feel better about yourself!

It's toxic behavior that likely spills over strongly into your real life and I bet you leach it onto everyone in your life and they all wonder hopelessly why you don't love them or they hate you.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• And, you're likely so much of a narcissist you don't even notice.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'd like to thank whoever moved the laundry from the garage to its own room in the house. I LOVE THAT.

As to who to smack? Whoever designed "open concept" houses. I like my rooms to have separation.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thank you Pnukey ;)

I love that my laundry is in my basement, not in my kitchen like my mom's was in her house!!

I wish I had a "laundry room" separate but it's all fine in the basement (finished basement) Oo that make me be thankful for finished basements!

And, I don't like how open my house is either! I had to move my furniture repeatedly to create a separation :)
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'd like to kick the person who decided that bathrooms can be the size of a clothes closet, and the storage for towels, TP and everything else can be in the hall outside the bathroom. How many miles have I run to take one of the kids (or even DH) a towel or a roll of toilet paper because they "forgot" to get it out of the hall storage closet before they went into the bathroom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i agree with you on both points!!!!
    i am waiting for someone to design cabinets that can be pulled down to the counter so you don't have to pull out a chair to get stuff from the top shelf of the cabinets!!! (i am short!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'd hug the person that designed the pull out racks for cabinets, if I had any of them. LOL I hate crawling down on hands and knees to get to stuff at the back of a bottom cabinet.

I'll kick the person who invented HOA's with exorbitant dues in the shin.
    Anonymous