P90X who is doing it?

I am using my sisters videos only can get in 3days a week need to keep doing it and stay motivated . I like the workouts but it is hard to do with 3 kids . as a sahm you would think I would have all the time in the day to workout .. Not .. I don't get on the computer much . I know that thought well if you have enough time to be on the computer then you have enough time to work out. I have a 3 month old girl 3and5 year old boys the boys like to workout with me but sometimes they are getting in the way. I can not tell them not to workout it is healthy for them.
Anyone trying the workout or anyother workout got any clues to what I am talking about!! I kinda feel alone here even though I know I am not the only mom trying to lose weight. I wish all of you out there the best being a mom is hard I am happy to find cafemom support when I need it Thanks to you all..

mamagator

Asked by mamagator at 10:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i am doing it. It's hard to find the time though, because the workouts are an hour to an hour and a half long, but i manage. I also row too, so with a 2 month old a 2 year old i pretty much have to wait for my hubby to get home. Today is week 2 so im not to experienced with it yet, but i'll get there. i like it. And i've lost 3 lbs the first week. yay :)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'm not doing P90X, but I have done two other Beachbody programs. I started with Slim in 6 and now I'm doing Turbo Jam. I've been helping a few mom's set up routines to work around the kids and their busy schedules.

A lot of Mom's will work out in the AM before kids get up, during the kids afternoon nap time or in the PM after they go to bed .. and some work out with the kids, or when the kids are eating lunch. You just have to get that heartrate up and do about 30 minutes at a time if you can squeeze it in. While eat workout may be an hour, you can break it down if necessary.

If the kids work out with you, then you give each one "their own workout spot" ... like maybe put a small blanket on the floor as "their" workout area ... the blanket will help the 3 & 5 yrs old w/ boundaries. Once they are used to staying in their own bubble, they will stay out of YOUR bubble and hopefully you can do the whole hr.

Good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I just received my video's....I am really excited!!! I want to start as soon as possible but my schedule keeps getting in the way. The only semi free time is when my daughter is at preschool but that leaves me and my two year old. Running after him is a workout in its self.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 5:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• lets try something. is it possible for us to start a weigh in on the First day of each month. I will post it under P90x results. I'll beging. As of today, I weight a total of 200 pounds and wear a 16 dress size and 18 in pants (i have a big booty)..lol. I will post it again on April 1st, 2010.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 5:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i will start tomorrow. im hoping to lose some weight.

@Alejandra, ur not alone with a big booty....lmao. r u going to post in the questions part?
    prBarbie

Answer by prBarbie at 4:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• prBarbie...I think you and I are the only ones interested in tracking our weight loss. Yes, I will post it in the question part. I will ask the question "P90x -monthly results". Even if I have not lost weight, i hope to lose inches..Good luck!
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• starting it tomorrow. i am SOOOO excited!! a friend's husband has been doing it for 2 weeks so far and already dropped 25 lbs! suuuhweet!
    gr8estmom26

Answer by gr8estmom26 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010