Am I having contractions???

Ok, this is my second pregnancy but with my first one I was only 19 when I deliverd so I really don't remember the details. I know it sounds horrible, but I have been having a lot of menstral like feeling cramps at night and my back is killing me. At night it feels like consistant cramping but I don't feel it all day except for my back. I thought maybe I was doing to much during the day for me to be cramping all night but not in the day. I'm so confused. What did your contractions feel like? My husband works out of town a lot and I have no family in the town I live in now so I'm trying to give my mom a little heads up so she can come stay with me and my little boy but I don't want to make her come too soon. I'm ready but I'm not!!!

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 10:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's so hard to say. it does sound like your body is getting ready but some women have these feelings for weeks and weeks! personally, i felt really crampy all night one night, and then i went into labor the next day. BUT i have a friend who had the crampiness for days and days before labor began for real.

i know how you feel, i'm pregnant with my 2nd, and the grandparents live 2 hours away, and the hospital an hour in the other direction. i wish i could know for sure when labor is starting so i could tell family & they could come watch my son but it will probably be more like the "is this it? is this it?" stuff.

good luck! how many weeks are you?
    Anonymous

• 37 weeks and I've already started dilating. I'm just so scared I'm going to go into labor at night and its just going to be me and my little boy and I have always heard the second one comes faster than the first.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Wait until you've had several contractions in a row. The 2nd one isn't usually any faster than the first. How far away is your mom?
    Anonymous

• My family and his family live 3 hours away :( but mine have already bought thier travel trailer up her and come on the weekends.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• When i was pregnant the first time i went through alot of different kinds of pain because of different reasons so it could be a number of things. It could be your skin stretching, or the baby is in an awkward position, or you could have an UTI. I got one when i was pregnant. It can come from not drinking water enough, having sexual intercourse, and holding your bladder.
    vajayjay

Answer by vajayjay at 4:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2010