My 4 year old and his privates!!!!!

I cannot keep my 4 year old little boys hands out of his pants. He is always saying his rear end and weener itch. I give him a bath everyday and I have even started changing his soap thinking that was causing it. He doesn't have a rash and he's never really red down. Why else would he scratching so much???

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe it just feels good to him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Because it feels good
    Anonymous

• He could have yeast....if his rear is itchy it could be worms. I would have him checked at the docs. If he has either he will need medication for that.
    blessedmother

Answer by blessedmother at 11:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Onced they discover a pleasure point, the fascination never ends.

Answer by older at 11:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Is it worse at night? He could have pinworms.
    Anonymous

• Also a bath every day is very drying to the skin, try going every other day at least.
    Anonymous

• He may not be wiping well
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 1:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Change your laundry soap and softner to see if that helps, bath soap, etc. He may have a yeast infection or have allergies. Or he could just be being a boy and enjoying the sensation, although if his butt itches prob not.

My 3 yo son has a milk allergy we just found out which made him very itchy in that area. So we switched to hypoallergenic soaps and oatmeal bath soap in his bath which he now takes every other day. Plus removing all dairy. He's fine now. Just a thought ;) GL
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• alot of things could be going on, first, his privates can be overdry, do you use lotion, or his penis might be itching because it could be sticking to him, which then talc powder will help, perhaps, it could be his underwear, switch to boxers or briefs, he could be wiping wrong, watch him do it, to see what the problem is. If it is because he just wants to touch it, then i suggest telling him, that we only touch it, at bathtime, pottytime, and daddy will tell later what the third thing is, that is what we tell my son, whom, btw, is 4.
    mghtymffn

Answer by mghtymffn at 4:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• "Also a bath every day is very drying to the skin, try going every other day at least. " I agree- I had the same problem and the doctor told me it was from too many showers.
    Do you by any chance use snuggle? a friend of my mom's used it and her son's privates swelled up so bad he screamed when the shower water hit him!
    while visiting a male cousin, I told him that story when I saw his snuggle sheets that him mom gave him- you should have seen how quickly those things went into the trash!
    probably best to go with something without perfumes and dyes and such all together-
    Anonymous