has anyone took the home test for sex of baby>>

we were just wondering if anyone had bought and used the home test that tells you if you are having boy or girl. they are like 40.00 so we were wanting to know before hand. thanks....

fostymom

Asked by fostymom at 11:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never heard of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Unless it involves sticking a needle into yourself and drawing out amniotic fluid or fetal blood, you're not going to get a real result.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• just wondering, i know its not 100 percent but, daughter in law wants to buy one and if anyone here had bought it and got results just wanting to know. i know about the amino test, she has no medical reason for that drastic of a test. not just for the sex of the baby, has 3 boys so is praying for girl... just anxious to know.
    thanks for input...
    fostymom

Answer by fostymom at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If you do research, you'll find it's a scam. It isn't accurate and is super expensive. Wait for you 20 wk ultra sound.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why do you need to know? As long as it's a healthy baby who cares?
    Anonymous

• I've never done it myself, but there is a test that requires a finger poke, and you have to send it back to a lab....I've only read stories online about it, and it seems to be accurate.

There are other fun home tests that require little money. Have her try this: http://www.ehow.com/how_5134590_perform-gender-test-during-pregnancy.html

Totally just for fun. I did it myself. I have 3 girls and this result was boy. I understand the anxiousness!!!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I bought the test they sell at CVS or Walgreens. It came back boy...10 weeks later had my ultrasound and he is a boy. so ya never know. wasnt that expensive cost $30
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i didnt get it but i have friends that did and it was right our ob actually likes them it just know its not 100% buts its fun to do
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I just bought the intelligender test online because I too am curious! I did research and yes, found that it maybe a scam so I bought it for fun. 6 of my friends used it and all 6 of the results were confirmed with an ultrasound and were correct. Good Luck, I hope this helps.
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I just took the intelligender at 15 weeks and it was a waste. My results were inconclusive and weren't comparable to the pics on their website at all. Afterwards I looked online and saw a lot of women had the same problem. Save your money and to the Red Cabbage Test instead. If you've never heard of it just type "red cabbage test" into the cafe mom search and you'll find tons of posts and directions on how to do it. I got a much clearer result with that and it only cost $2.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010