Does receiving a lot of Facebook requests make you like people less?

I'm finding that the more Facebook requests someone sends me, the more negative I feel about them. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Yes. Yes.

I am sorry I ever joined FaceBook. There are a few people that live far away that I would like to keep up with on FaceBook, but I don't want to do surveys, play games, give people my birthday, or join causes left and right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well, I suppose that since they are obviously thick and can't take a hint, you could just message then & tell them straight up that you don't want to be Facebook friends with them. I've never had anybody repeatedly try to friend me on Facebook once I declined the initital invitation, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• requests as in they are trying to get you to "friend" them? Or do you mean game requests, like mafia wars, farmville, ect??

If it is the app requests, you can block those.
    Anonymous

• I hate the app requests. I just ingnore the "notices" for them, and if they pop up on my Wall, I delete, and then block the app. I understand people want to get further in the game, but it is annoying when it comes up on my newsfeed or wall when I have no interest.

Look for the block App button and that should take care of it for you.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:12 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• "If it is the app requests, you can block those. "

How do you block those? Do you have to block them from each individual or can you "blanket block" them? Those requests annoy me and I have no desire to play any of those games. My hubby even sends me requests all the time for mafia wars. I have told him I have no desire to get involved in that stupid game just to make HIS character stronger! LOL
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 11:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• scroll the mouse over the unwanted post and a "hide" button will pop up just to the right of it. After you click on "Hide", a little block will pop up asking if you want to block the person, or block the app. There will also be a cancle button if you want to reverse the "hide"
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You know you can go to settings and deny requests from ALL apps. You won't even know they are there. (like me... I think they're asinine!)

You can also BLOCK someone so that they can not contact you, or see your activity.

Problem solved.

Why does no one use their "security' features?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You mean friend requests? No, but if I don't know them or they don't send me a message about why they are want to add me, I don't add.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 11:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2010