What would you do if your daughter(or son even) got knocked up as a teenager? Or your son knocked someone up as a teenager? What would you do?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had both happen. I taught them to be good parents. What more can a mom do?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• What my parents did. I told my dad and then he drove me around to all of my relatives and I had to tell them whats going on. I was actually relived because I didnt have anything else to hid. I stayed in school and graduated, and I worked at Burger King (I was 17 when I found out I was prego) until I couldn't work anymore. My parents and My bf's parents did help with alot of the furniture. Not because they had to but because they were genuinely happy. I lived with my dad and not once did I ask my dad to watch my son while I went out or I needed a break. I wouldnt expect my son to ask me if I would watch his kid while he went to hang out with friends. I wouldn't be his bank account or his baby sitter, but my grandchild would never do with out.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• First off I used to be very ignorant concerning this subject. I was following my church's ways. They just preached don't do it. I now realize how unrealistic that is. I preach don't do it but am still wise enough to know it may get done. Thankfully my son has not gotten anyone pregnant yet, my daughter is only 4 but when the time comes I will put her on birth control. All the while preaching abstinence. If however it did happen there is not much I could do but love and accept my grand baby.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I agree I would teach them to be good parents and help them accomplish school so they can provide a good life for themselves and the baby
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Help them support them, teach them. What can you do it's already done!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I would support whatever decision they made and help them. But I will not be raising my grandchildren.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• KILL HIM.
    Okay, so maybe I wouldnt literally "KILL HIM",lol.
    I thought about this before because my sons father actually had his first child when he was 16 years old. I would be upset wth him at first for sure. But then I would do what I would have to...and that is help him to be a good father and try my best to help in go in the right direction. Be supportive and make sure he is being there for the baby and the babies mother.Have him take responsibilty for what has happened.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• well the would be following "family tradition" if they did lol -- my great grandma was 15, grandma was 16, mom was 17 and I was 18 when we had our first kids ( and we all turned out to be great moms ) ...

anyways I would support them, I would be a wonderful grandma to the baby ...there would be no sense in getting mad or upset over it, they cants undo it
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thankfully it never happened here. My children are 18, 19, 22 and 23. My 22 became a dad at almost 19 but he was married when his wife got pregnant. I raised my children WAY better than those who have 0 supervision and parents who think that they can't do anything about their teens having sex. We threatened our sons with bodily harm if they knocked some girl up and they knew that if they did they'd be on their own with taking care of a child.....they knew they'd have to quit sports, clubs and a social life with friends and work to support their child. There are NO FREE RIDES here and they knew that from a young age. We also made sure that until they were old enough to drive that we were the ones taking them places, they were supervised by parents (us or others), they never rode in cars with other teens and we kept them busy with work, school and sports. They had very little free time.
    Anonymous

• I would be extremely disappointed. i do not think teen CAN raise children well. *so sorry to all the teen moms i have just offended. it is also unfair to the teen. i would support abortion or adoption. i would not support them keeping the baby because i think the baby deserves more than they can give and they arent mature enough to raise it. i know it wouldnt be MY choice but i would make my position known.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2010