how can i make my baby come at 37 weeks

kuniqwa

Asked by kuniqwa at 11:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why do you want this? It may not be done developing yet!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's not about what you want. Let the baby be ready.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why do you want a possibly premature child? There is a 40 week time period for a reason. Some need less and come at 38 weeks and are considered on time, some need 42 weeks. Wait for you child to come naturally the way it is supposed to. You never want to force your baby out before it is ready. There could be complications from that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• induce! no 37 weeks is not a preemie! just this year they have increased preemies to include any 36 weekers but 37 weeks... that is 3 weeks out of full term and no that is not a preemie...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You can't without medical intervention, which any good doctor won't agree to before at least 39 weeks without a valid medical reason.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I would not advise that. A few more weeks won't hurt. It will be worth the wait.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Let your baby develop until it's ready...why would you want to risk having it early? Sometimes doctors are wrong about due dates so your baby could be less developed than expected.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• The first two weeks of pregnancy are called a "non-pregnant week". It's the two weeks including your period, and up to ovulation. So right now, you are 37 weeks pregnant, but your baby is only gestationally 35 weeks! He or She still has weight to gain, and other finalizations to finish up. I understand the last few weeks of pregnacy are miserable for some, but I urge you not to attempt anything to put yourself into early labor. For the health of your baby, don't! He or She will be in your arms in no time!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Don't! Mine came at what they thought was 37 weeks, but was actually only probably 35 weeks, and his lungs weren't fully developed and had to be in the NNICU for two weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• there is nothing you can do. with my second i was 5 cm dilated and 90% effaced at 37 weeks. my ob said there was no way i would make it to sept. sept1st came and went. i was finally induced at 41 weeks. i did everything: literally!

things i tried:

1) drinking red raspberry leaf tea
    2) sex
    3) eating pineapples
    4) going up the stairs 2 at a time
    5) jumping jacks
    6) stripping of membranes (ob did this 3 times)
    7) walking alot (practically running)
    8) doing squats
    9) did i mention forcing my dh to have sex with me!

haha. none of it worked. it will happen when it happens
    only things i didnt try were castor oil (bc who WANTS diarrhea???... especially if in labor!) and spicy food. bc i didnt need to still be pregnant and have even more heart burn!

youre almost there! just wait it out :) or you could try these things. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010