I think I could be happy with just one child but I feel like I owe it to her to have another one so she'll have a sibling...

anyone else feel this way? She does have a half brother who is 6 years older but I feel like I want her to have a full sibling...I cherish the relationship I have with my sister so much....is this a good reason to have another one? I can't decide...just wondering if anyone else is going through this....

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I felt that way and had another one.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• not really a good reason to have another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• you're forgetting the years you spend fighting and trying to kill one another! Don't do it for a playmate.That's what friends are for.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'm not doing it for a playmate - I didn't start cherishing my sister until after college!! I am thinking more about her adulthood.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I like having siblings and I want that for my dd too. I only had 1 and got divorced so my dd is now 8 and wants a sibling so bad! I think when I get married I will have 1, maybe 2 more. It is nice to have a sibling to help with parents as we age ;) they can discuss what to do with us lol.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think you and your husband do what you feel is best for you! I have one kiddo---and do wish that I was able to have another, but not because I want him to have a brother or sister,,but am totally happy and blessed with the one I have!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I was the only child for ten yrs & I use to hate playing by my self I had cousin but, it was not the same. I wish my mom would of had us a little bit closer to age. So that we could share or secrets & all that. My 2 little girls are 2yrs appart & they are so happy..
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 11:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I felt the same way at first but I honestly dont want another child. Mainly because of money!I figure he will have many friends in school and I have friends that have babies around his age. We make it a point to get together 3 or 4 times a week.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. My daughter has two half-siblings but there is a very large age difference and I know they'll never be close. And I grew up an only child with no relatives close to my age and it was horribly lonely. Plus, as an adult I'll never have nieces or nephews or be in a sister's wedding, ect. But, at the same time, I really don't want to be pregnant again or have to go through having a newborn in the house again. I think it's perfectly normal to wonder if your decision to have another baby or not is the best one.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• .... Well, My baby sister ( she is 15) and I ( 27) are pretty close. But we have always been that way. I think its because i pretty much raised her.
    Anonymous