Did you hear about Wallgreens in Washington?

They will no longer (along with 3 other unnamed pharmacies)accept medicaid prescriptions starting in April. They are losing to much money on them. I don't know about Washington but here in the south Wallgreens is a huge chain. Wonder how long it will be before others follow. Maybe Obama will take them over too or force pharmacies to take medicaid since there will be so many new enrollees in the next 4 yrs. Something else to watch for.
Comments?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! I didn't hear about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think it is sad that Walgreens has chosen to implement this new policy, but I can't say as I blame them much. They are a for-profit business and governement reimbursement on Medicaid anything is abysmal. Walgreens is new to our area, so I don't think it would have much effect here unless other pharmacies started following suit once they saw that Walgreens was getting away with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• This is all spiraling out of control! Seriously its sort of scary when you think about it too much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Then get it at walmart.
    Anonymous

• Lliberals better start crying for entitlement now. Have nanny federal government step in.. Greedy Walgreens... They shouldn't make a profit.. They should LOSE money in the name of healthcare for all!!!! ::sarcasm::

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I thought Medicaid paid the same price as every one else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• grly sadly that is likely exactly how some think
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• umm wow it is pretty scary if you think about it//wat will happen next?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Walgreens is a NATIONAL chain. I doubt that this is accurate information. My son in law is a loss prevention manager for most of our state's Walgreens and he hasn't mentioned this to us. But I will ask him.
    Anonymous

• I thought you would be happy that your precious tax dollars are not assisting the "freeloaders". Make up your minds. Dang. You either hate your tax dollars going towards medicaid or you get mad in situations like this. You all bend like reeds to suit what you can be angry about or think you are making other people angry about.
    Anonymous