switching verizon phones - stuck at the payment plan bc I already have one..

My phone died so I got given a new one. I am on verizonwireless.com right now trying to switch phones and it reads my new phone and then asks what payment plan I would like. We have a family plan. The only option it gives me at this point is to pick a payment plan I would like to use. How do I just activate my phone without having to choose a payment plan and just keep my old plan? I can't call the company with no phone and ask them, and my husband doesn't get home with his cell phone until 6 - and then that is too late to call.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Can you go to the store? Is there a place to email them on the website? I know that usually you put the old sim card in the new phone and it should just start to work? I never had to call with the new phone, if your sim card is damaged they can upload the info at the Verizon store.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• you have to dial something from the new phone you have.... then it will activate... I;ll see if I can find it on google...
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OK... try dialing *228 and I think it's option 1!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thank you!! Got it working :)
    Anonymous

• Cool!!!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010