So how do liberals explain this?

If Medicare already suffers an unfunded liability of $38 trillion(soruce:Medicare’s actuaries).

How does Obama and Congressional Democrats proposal of using $2.5 trillion from Medicare over the next 20 years to spend on new entitlements under Obamacare make save money???

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummmm...... oh look, a kitten!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• They continue to beat a dead horse...I have no idea.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• LOL It doesn't. Haven't you been listening?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Pretty kitten.....
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• lol itsme... Just trying to get the liberals on here to explain why they support this
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think its the same thinking that says home ownership for all even if they can not afford it is a good thing and it was for a year or so until well... the payments came due and there was no money to pay them-uh oh!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why are you asking this? Only someone who has a degree in Political Science or someone who works in the Government would know for certain. Everyone here has their own biased and slanted outlook on what this administration has been doing ....Health Care Reform is just another example of something you can argue about,depending on whether or not you happen to LIKE our President. I haven't seen any genuises here yet. So,you are wasting your time asking.....IMO. But ifyou need to vent or rant about how awful the President is, then go for it. I really have no opinion.And I havce better things to do with my time than reading your 'opinions'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Medicare is already well over-budget from Congress's original estimates. We have an aging population, so Medicare usage is going up. The Medicare cuts they THINK they have are due to estimated fraud. However, if they knew how and where the fraud came into this, the government would have (hopefully) already eliminated it.

The second cut to Medicare is payments to doctors and hospitals. Medicare already pays less than most commercial insurances, and denies more claims to boot. In our area, doctors limit the amount of Medicare & Medicaid patients the accept because of the already low reimbursement rate and hassle. If Medicare payments decrease, more doctors will make the choice not to accept Medicare.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Anon 11:57. It is people like you, who hold that opinion, who are responsible for the corruption in government. We MUST educate ourselves and understand what our government is doing for to us. 

CBO numbers are ESTIMATES.  They predict best-case scenarios.  The budget numbers plugged into the calculations are provided by the Congress, in this case the Democrats who are proposing the bill. 

This is like a woman going to a sale.  She spends $2000 on sale items, but tells her husband that she SAVED $1500.00. 

Anonymous

Translation: I do not have an answer but as an Obama supporter, I just can not help but think everything he comes up with is just brilliant. Oh, and I do have time because I will come back and read the opinions because I just can not resist.
    Anonymous