Please help me CHRISTIAN cafemomers???

Hi, i have this issue. I have this friend who thinks that christians are weak if they rely on God And that relying on God is weak and that is is an excuse to get out of your problems, also he beleaves in a higher power but not jesus christ. It makes me MAD, i don't want to lash out and say what i want to say, for i am a christian, but i want to use this oporitunity to tell him relying on God strenghtens you not weakens you, he is leading many astray. so does anyone know of any bible verses on how God strengthens us and some words i could say in an email to him, im not too good with words and you ladies have helped me before and im thankful for you.
God Bless, oh and also some bible verses about Jesus Christ

dkej242

Asked by dkej242 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Remember too, that as Christians our best witness is our life and what we SHOW to the outside world. You can say a few things, but dont get into a word war with her. Just let her see God living in you by your actions. How they set you apart from the rest of the world, how they make you respond differently than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Quite honestly mame, this man probably knows the bible better than you. Most non believers do. A scripture will not change his mind and have him bow to Christ. I am a Christian, and I used to be very nieve , but I have come to learn that you must want Christ for him to make a difference in your life. There are those who will just not be children of God. Period. There is a real hatred of the God of the bible, even here on Cafemom. That does not sway my opinion on knowing that I am following what is right. And that I know his word is true. Fighting with non believers does nothing but frustrate you (If you are not strong), so I say just leave him alone. He has his reasons for not wanting to follow Christ. You do what you do and do not allow anyone change what you believe.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• God is fine and doesn't need you to defend Him. He'll deal with others. It's not your job. Just show them the love and compassion of God and pray for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It depends. My Aunt lost her job and sits around not applying any way saying god will provide. Is that weak yes. It is passing your problems off and expecting to have something drop on your doorstep. I will pray in bad sit. and ask god for help and guidance while looking for solutions. I don't leave it entirely to god and do not believe that is what giving your problems to god means. It means clear your mind and look for signs of what god is sending for. No one can help some one who will not help them selfs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why would you want to use a book he apparently doesn't believe in, to show him something he already stated he does not believe in?

Simply ask him to respect your beliefs- but the only way HE can do that, is if you don't shove your christian crap on him. Get what I mean? Its a two way street.

IRL I have MANY, MANY christian friends. Heck, ZEALOT friends... and we have this understanding... We agree to disagree, and simply DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. I know where there stand, they know where I stand, and as long as those boundaries are not breached, we're good.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If he constantly badgers you about your beliefs, then you need to tell him firmly and politely to respect your beliefs or he isn't much of a friend. 

If these are just his beleifs, then you need to respect him and leave him alone.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yea, unfortunately scripture won't do much for him. He will have to get to an all time low in his life and be forced to lean on God before he realizes that it isn't something that will make him weak.
    He will think what he wants. All you can do is live your life according to God, keep leaning on Him, and show by example.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Ok, i disagree with alot of these responses and i agree wth a few. i agree with 11:56 anon said totally. im not trying to push myself, just trying to stand up for God, like it does say in the bible. I am a very strong christian my2kids312. I rely on God totally to direst my path. i handled it in a good manner just 5min ago i put up a bible verse and i didn't direct it at him, but he knows. My faith cannot be weakened, im strong in the Lord, yet i know to watch out for tricks of satan. There was also a true story movie about a boy that had diebetes and his parents said they are relying on God and made him stop his medication and the boy died, thats not faith i agree, God put medicine in this world as a tool and we should use it as needed. Faith is the confident assurence that what we want is going to happen.
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I didn't open this question to start a debate so please don't
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010