What do you think will happen if the Health Care Bill passes? (To our country?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I might get to finally go to a doctor for normal testing..like blood pressure, cholesteral, diabetes. I might actually get to be tested to see if I do in fact have asthma. I won't have to go to the walk in generic $40 doctor anymore.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Nothing. I don't see anything happening. The world as we know it will not come to an end.
    Anonymous

• A huge revolt. Many states have already said that if it passes, they will sue the federal government. It is completely unconstitutional and against states' rights.

BrandenIsMySon - Hahaha....You actually believe that? While you're at it, I've got a bridge to sell you too.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well, I can't go now...so, I am hopeing maybe one day I can afford to go to a doctor. LOL

Besides, I was just humoring the OP.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Braden, just out of curiosity, how will Obamacare help you? Are you expecting to be covered under the expanded Medicaid coverage?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If so she will still be stuck with the 'generic 40 buck doctors' lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Right now...I have nothing. My son is on Medicaide. I am not. It was wishful thinking on my part. I don't/can't go to the doc unless I am miserable. Even then, I wait. I would love to be able to go once when I am not sick and get a physical and health rundown. I don't know what any of my stats are.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think we will all be screwed. Private insurance companies will go out of business. The government will now tell us what we can and can not do.... I think our founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves. Free Country my Ass!
    Anonymous

• America will go further in debt funding social entitlement programs. Unions will demand more $$.. States will need bailed our more to fund medicaid $$...  This nation will continue to be IN DEBT. Continue to borrow form the likes of China... Meanwhile our government will continue to fund jobs going overseas(see NAFTA and the last Stimulus Recovery Bill) while also making manufacturing more difficult in the US because of any climate change bills.. . All of this will further destroy US industry, while building UP India and China.... Till the world demands the US conform to a global economy and financially crushing the US as a power and authority...  A domino effect this nation CAN NOT afford..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Excellent grly..spot on
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2010