are there any christians out there that believe its okay to lie, cheat, steal...just as long as its benefitting you? Or do you know any christians that do this?

They do these things and then preach about Jesus! Give me a break! Its like they are some kind of cult or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a christian, and I lie every once in awhile. Everyone does. But that doesn't mean think it's ok to do it.
    Anonymous

• bakingCookies anyone?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I hope not!!! But I mean, think about the mafia and the catholic background... they would murder, lie, steal, cheat... and then go in and "confess" then go out and do it again... I guess they thought they were ok as long as they confessed. *shrug*
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I have only known one person like this. He is the most conniving, self serving person I have ever met, but push Christianity on everyone else.
    I will say that this is not just a Christian thing, people of all religions can and do pay lip service for their faith and are the most hypocritical people out there.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Side thought, I think it is so funny how people get so high and mighty about lying. When we all lie on some level, either out of politeness or what ever it may be. I have yet met a person who tells the WHOLE TRUTH and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes! Of course it is OK to lie, cheat, and steal as long as you don't get caught and it benifits you!
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian and the ones who do that are not. Just because you say you are does not make you one. Futhermore most of it comes right out of our pulpits. Sad but true. I hate that some make us all look bad.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• do Christians lie, cheat, steal ..sure we are human & all fall short of the glory of GOD so we repent of our sins then hopefully not make that same mistake again. if we waited till we were perfect before talking about GOD we would never get to talk about him.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• That is not to say I am perfect, of course I am not but that is what repentence is for. Those who profess Christ should do their best to be a good example.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• & NO its never ok to lie, cheat, steal, gossip, be jealous, be too proud or vain, murder, have a bad attitude/be ungrateful/complain, be overly angry, worship other GODS, be greedy, be lazy, to have no self control, be unforgiving, to hate.. these are all sins & there are more.. you can't expect someone to be prefect because they love GOD.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2010