headbanging

Why would an 8 month old continually and purposely keep banging her head on the wall, or chair, or whatever she can get to. Starting to worry.

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used to to headbang as a child..actually i did all the way into my teens..dr's back then never knew why i did that, but i know that when i did, it soothed me..however i only ever used to do it at night to put myself to sleep..i never did it to hurt myself, i never did hurt myself, it just soothed me..i remember when i got to be about 7-8 i started banging my head on my bed frame, like the part that sticks up right where the pillow goes on top of, and my dad actually raised my bed so i couldnt do that..i remember being soooooo mad...lol...but yaa, i turned out just fine :) sorta....LOL..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• my goodness, I would have worried the first incident. Tell her pedi fast.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• my son does that to... when he gets mad he will throw himself back and hit his head too it's just stuff kids do lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Stimming-look it up
    Anonymous