What is up with the census?

I was wondering why so many people are not wanting to fill out the cesus thing? I have no problems with it I mean they already know everything anyway from tax papers. Am I missing sometthing here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they listen to people like Michelle Bachmann and Glenn Beck. That's why. For some reason they think that Obama himself sat down and wrote the census. It's like when he gave that little speech in school and everyone got their knickers in a knot over the fearmongering Rush Limbaugh, Fox "news" et all threw at them.
    Anonymous

• The census has been around for hundres of years. I don't see a problem with it. But, I guess some people have paranoid ideas about it.
    Anonymous

• People are Sheeple. They also believe that if they put anything on there then that means Big Brother is watching them or they assume someone will steal their identity. Government could find everything out if they had the time, moeny and manpower, so, to not fill it out thinking that you want to keep everything private is futile.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It waste paper. Thats why I don't like it. Im just amazed at how many people say that they dont even know what the census is. I was 10 when my parents got one. Its all over the news.My husband didn't even know what it was....I just thought that was crazy
    Anyways, I filled mine out in like 3 mins sent it back and also sent some tips on how to cut down the paper waste they just made.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• That's it....anon :12. It is so paranoid and so ignorant ...the census was created in 1903. It is mandated by the Constitution but still,, the Fox News and Michelle Bachman fans follow their "Leaders"...heh...and complain. Somehow they manage to try to inject comments about Obama and Liberals into the discussion about the Census. Unbelievable! and so wrong.
    I wonder what those complainers are like away from the computer and CM? I bet they are hell to live with...always complaining and being paranoid,etc. I feel sorry for their families. It must be tough.......
    Anonymous

• Hrrrrrmmmmm, "knickers in a knot" where have I heard that before.... Numerous times... Not anon..... hrmmmmmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OP, I don't know anyone who isn't filling theirs out... Maybe you should ask the people who have said so, individually...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with the federal census and the 4 or 5 questions. I do have a problem with the state's add on questions and them trying to tell you that it is LAW for you to answer them. It is NOT.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• OMG...There are ALWAYS people who do NOT want sto supply their info to the govt. ALWAYS! It has NOTHING to with Obama but the Govt in GENERAL..... Many of you are acting like this is the very FIRST census where people have DONE this! You are TOLD AND TOLD AND TOLD not to give out personal info .......ESPECIALLY in this age of stolen identities. Isnt it like the FASTEST growing crime.......and then you get this paperwork that ask for LOTS of PERSONAL info that you are going to send off to strangers! I get it. Its NOT like its going to be read by a computer. There is going to be a real live person on the other end looking through these. And let me tell you as a p[erson with a dh who has spent time in JAIL over someone stealing HIS identity and writing bad checks I can SEE THE POINT. People rant about the right making everything about Obama.......the left does it TOO...just to support their argument :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Until people understand why the census is important and what information is gathered from the census, they will not fill it out. The census is important to each community, the more growth in the comminuty, the more representatives we have for each. You do not have to put your name or other private information on the census, it is a count of how many people are in your household.
    Anonymous