My daughter had a fight, and the girl took a bite out of her. Too press charges or not???

Kids fight, but this is insane.

The girl smacked my daughter they started to scuffle, and the girl started biting her, her face, her arm. What the heck is wrong with this world???? They are both suspended, because my daughter told her stop talking about me, stop threatening me, they are just empty words-and the girl after about 3 minutes attacked her.

I did go to the hospital, the police station, and the school? She is on antibiotics, and the first day it was a little scratch, now it is already closed, and bruised a day later.

On top of that the police said this is the 3rd fight in a row at the school. Yes, I am moving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No, do not press charges. You're going to ruin this girls record over a school yard fight? Really?

If that's the case, your daughter should be further punished as well. She confronted the girl. She could have just left it alone and gone about her business. She provoked a fight, and she got one.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes press charges! And have your daughter tested. Saliva can carry hepatitis and other horrible diseases.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• definitely
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I would press charges. The kid is obviously old enough to know that biting is for 1 year olds....Thats ridiculous. Take plenty of pics!!
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I don't see any harm in pressing charges.
    Anonymous

• I would press charges! thats crazy. One time in middle school I had this guy who kept asking me out (he was a great big kid too) but I kept telling him No, No, No.. eventually one day he punched me right in the face, it was insane! I had to go to the hospital, cause I thought my nose was broke, but we pressed charges on him. Plus it went all out with the news too, they did a big story on whats going on in schools today. It was crazy. But yeah, if I were you, I would press charges.
    Anonymous

• Have a meeting with the superintendent of the school district, school principal, school psychologist, school nurse, and school guidance counsellor including the opposing family and you, dd to discuss maintenance of satisfactory behavior -that's what I'd do.

In addition to pressing charges against other girl. Don't delay too long or you'll be seen as doing it out of revenge not cuz its the right thing to do legally for the other child to know laws of conduct.

And like BlooBird said -DO get tested for diseases passed through the bully's saliva into your dd bloodstream.
    Anonymous

• Press charges.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yeah, I would press charges. If that other girl can be violent enough to take a bite out of somebody, who knows what else she would be capable of the next time she gets pissed off at someone else. She needs to learn her lesson. A little scuffle is one thing but when something like that is involved, thats different.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Be very careful about pressing charges. Kids don't THINK about tthe future consequences something as a teen can affect them in the future. If this girl wants to go in to the military or to college having even a juvenile record could squash her chances. The military checks juvi records. Also, some colleges won't accept possible students with violence charges. So, if there's any other way to resolve it I would go that route.
    Anonymous