What do you think of cloth diapering?

Just wanted to know what people thought about it, I do it but i find that it's really uncommon, curious as to why or what people's reasoning is for it :)

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good for you!! I didn't have it in me to do it, so we just got our daughters out of diapers at a young age to ease our consciences about the landfill waste. We lived in apartments without great laundry capabilities, and I just decided to put my "green" energies elsewhere. Again, kudos, I really do admire people who do it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Honestly I don't do it but i can see why people do. . .I just worked in a nursing home that used only cloth diapers.. man that was like. . .90 diapers a day I had to rinse out lol so it turned me off from it. :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Adult diapers would totally turn me off, too! We do cloth, and it's great for us. Our kids also potty train pretty early, too, so we're not doing idaper laundry for 4 years or anything.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It was good for me when I wasn't working. I had the time to rinse them and wash them but now, my kids are in a daycare and I don't think they would appreciate me asking them to use cloth! Or maybe they would, I never asked.
    Anonymous

• It was great for us! Friends gave us their old diapers and we bought a few at a thrift shop.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I didn't really like the idea of cloth with my first two (I was young), but with my 3rd, I really wanted to use them, but because we lived in an apartment, and had to use the on-site laundry facilities, I decided against it. This time however, we have our own washer and dryer, and we plan on using cloth. I like the eco-friendly factor, not to mention it's cheap!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I used them for my boys because they peed out of their disposables. I had 2 in diapers at the same time and it sure saved a lot of money.
    Anonymous

• I would use them but I am horrible as it is with keeping up with the laundry. I do not need to add any to my pile, especially laundry that would stink!
    Anonymous

• I think it is a great way to save money if you have the stomach for it. I personally could not do it.....it's just NASTY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2010