Roomates and their damn dogs

I have 2 roomates. They both have dogs. RoomieA has a boxer, RoomieB a Pekingese. The Pekingese is no problem.
The boxer is driving me crazy! He cant be let out by himself because he terrorizes the neighbors so while RoomieA is at work we have to take him out. He also cant be left alone in the house, we have to put him in his crate... has anyone else ever tried to put a wiggling, pissed off 60lb dog in a crate? Its not easy. Most of the time we both wind up getting hurt.
Now he's tearing up the trash.
Ex: Today Roomie A went to work at 7. Roomie B went somewhere at 10, didnt crate the dog. I get up at 11 because its my one and only glorious day off and there is trash all over the house. He emptied the trash can. I'm sick and tired of picking up after this dog. I feel angry at RoomieA for having the dog and never being home (Im the one that had to house train him) and Rommie B for never puptting him up when she leaves. -c-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pets

• I also realize its not RoomieB's responsibility, but neither is it mine. But I cant leave trash all over the house!
    Ive talked to Roomie A about the dog before and she started taking him to obedience class o9nce a week, but it doesnt do any good bc she doesnt work with him, she's never home (party girl with an out of town boyfriend). What do I do!?!?!
    Anonymous

• Well, this dog should not be your responsibility at all, and you need to tell Roomie A that unless you're getting paid to dog sit, something has got to give. Either he finds a new place with the dog, finds a new home for the dog, takes the dog to obedience school or find some other acceptable alternative.
    Anonymous

• Your room mate shouldn't have a dog at all. Between work and party, she isn't home enough to take care of it. Are you willing or able to lose her income? Is the other room mate going to back you up or are you going to look like the a**? Talk to your other room mate first and decide how to handle this problem. The dog needs to be placed with a family that will take care of it, but she may opt to move.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• She wont move. We rent a house from their parents. Theyre sisters. Im in an impossible situation here lol
    Anonymous

• Then maybe YOU need to find somewhere else to live so you don't have to deal with it. Check out Craigslist in your area for people looking for roommates.
    Anonymous

• my one dog can't be trusted out alone so she's sent to her cage. We trained her that when we open the door and say Willow go to your room she goes in without a problem. Did they have the dogs before you moved in? If yes sorry you'll have to go eslsewhere.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I feel sorry for the boxer. They are an active breed and it sound like he is not getting enough excerise. Talk to your roommate about getting the dog a back pack and put water bottles in it. You over course do not want to over load it but that extra weight will help where the dog out whenever he gets walked. If he is worn out is is less likely to get into trouble. The roommate needs to spend more time with the dog and maybe get some training under its belt
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If you don't like it and they aren't going to move, then you need to do something and move yourself. complaining isn't going to help.
    Anonymous

• Roomie A SUCKS A.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Leave the mess for roommate A to clean up. It isn't your job. it may be rough for you until she gets the hint but it may inspire her to look after her dog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2010