Roomates and their damn dogs

I have 2 roomates. They both have dogs. RoomieA has a boxer, RoomieB a Pekingese. The Pekingese is no problem.
The boxer is driving me crazy! He cant be let out by himself because he terrorizes the neighbors so while RoomieA is at work we have to take him out. He also cant be left alone in the house, we have to put him in his crate... has anyone else ever tried to put a wiggling, pissed off 60lb dog in a crate? Its not easy. Most of the time we both wind up getting hurt.
Now he's tearing up the trash.
Ex: Today Roomie A went to work at 7. Roomie B went somewhere at 10, didnt crate the dog. I get up at 11 because its my one and only glorious day off and there is trash all over the house. He emptied the trash can. I'm sick and tired of picking up after this dog. I feel angry at RoomieA for having the dog and never being home (Im the one that had to house train him) and Rommie B for never puptting him up when she leaves. -c-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also realize its not RoomieB's responsibility, but neither is it mine. But I cant leave trash all over the house!
    Ive talked to Roomie A about the dog before and she started taking him to obedience class o9nce a week, but it doesnt do any good bc she doesnt work with him, she's never home (party girl with an out of town boyfriend). What do I do!?!?!
    Anonymous

• move
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If I could afford to move I absolutely would, but that is not an option
    Anonymous

• Since you can't move, and you can't get your room mate to take care of her dog, YOU take the dog to obedience school and train it.

I don't like dogs. When my hubby and I got together, he had dogs and it was part of the deal with him. So, I learned to live with them but under MY terms. I rigorously trained them.

HOWEVER.. The trash thing is a DOG thing. Even the best behaved of dogs can get sidetracked by smelly garbage. My one doesn't but the bigger one gets into if we're gone too long.. SO.. I put a heavy container on the trash. You could also put it up.

If the dog requires being crated for anything besides getting into trash it is likely under trained and has separation anxiety. You could train it.

The trash thing tho is a dog thing sometimes.. they think it's food.
    Anonymous

• P.S. ask this under "Pets"
    Anonymous

• I don't like dogs, so I'd have it accidentally run away if Roomie A isn't going to take care of it. I know that's harsh, but since she's not taking care of it, you can find someone who will.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010