Does it get on your nerves when someone comes to your house to try to sell you something or to talk about religion?

I cannot stand that. I get that kind of thing at least once a week, usually more though. It doesn't sound like much but it really gets old. I don't buy things from people who come to my door and I sure don't want to change religions on my doorstep either. I have gotten to the point I don't even open the door unless I am expecting someone or I can see the car of a friend or relative parked in front of my house.

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I rarely answer the door if I'm not expecting someone. There's too much on the news about home invasion robberies. These people force their way into your home when you answer the door. I realize the sales people are just trying to earn a paycheck. And the religious folks are doing what they think God wants them to do. But they can all be annoying. I had a couple of little old church ladies come up to me one time when I was working in my front yard. I couldn't exactly pretend I didn't see them. But it was sure hard to get rid of them without being down right rude. They would simply not take no for an answer. I finally had to excuse myself and go into the house and not come back out. It was very frustrating.
    mkamom

Answer by mkamom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It only bothers me if its like 8 a.m and they wake me up. Other than that I dont really care. About the sales people it irratates me if I told them no im not interested and the keep on. I know its the job and im as polite as I can be but sometimes I just want to shake them....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yes! My MIL is one of those church ones. Its like they can be really good/annoying salesman cause they dont know how to shut up, they find anything to make u keep the door open. I dont answer it either. I wish I had a dog in the front that would keep them away.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• ah, the sales folk are just trying to turn a buck. They don't really bother me... I know what its like, and I have to respect their initiative.

The religious quacks? Kinda wanna sick the dog on them... I have literally begged to make the black book (you know, the do not knock book), but they just keep coming. I just answer the door and immediately ask if they would like to discuss their future conversion to Atheism, that usually sends them packing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If you don't want so called religious quacks at your door then put up no trespassing signs..they're only there out of love, and doing as Jesus said to. As far as sells people no trespassing or no solicitingsigns, theyre like the last post said thrying to earn a buck. And most the time good at it. 

Anonymous

• One time a guy came to my door trying to sell magazines and i simply told him I wasn't interested. He then offered to put a small sticker next to my door that said "no selling" or something like that so that nobody else would knock on my door. I never had anyone else offer to do that. Then a couple of JWs came to my door. At first, I was polite and listened to what they had to say even if I had no intention of converting. Then they kept coming so I just stopped answering the door! I wonder what they would have done if I had invited them in then started preaching about my religion and why they should join us?!
    Anonymous

• No, it rarely happens. I'm kind of amused when it does happen.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I refuse to open the screen door. I simply tell them I'm sorry but I don't open doors to strangers and they go away. Yes, it bugs me. I don't feel like I should be bothered by any type of religion or sales while in my own home.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I can't stand it either. Leaving me pamphlets. It's the Jehovah Witness and I say I'm Catholic.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yes. And I hate when they come up to you ( the religious one's) in a store parking lot. I do not need someone selling me their church. I have one, thank you very much. And door to door sales people are very pushy and rude.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010