maternity pants

I had two pairs of motherhood maternity jeans that I paid 40 dollars for A PAIR. I was selling them for 10 each and the lady said that was way too high... Anyhow I let them go for 5 dollars a pair. and I feel stupider then stupid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• i would have had a hard time asking $5 for them. they are used pants, right?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think $10 is fine especially if they were in good shape. Being the haggler that I am I would have asked you to go at least $7.50...lol Used is in.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I sold all my maternity clothes for $1-2 each item. I spent a lot of money throughout my pregnancy, but people aren't willing to pay that much for used clothes. I know I wouldn't want to pay $10 for used jeans. I'd rather go buy new ones. I know it stinks how much we lose on our maternity clothes.
    Anonymous

• All my maternity jeans and pants were purchased at thrift stores for $2-$5 each, i'd never pay $10 for used jeans no matter what their original cost.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• So mom2jack04, if your FAVORITE brand of jeans ran you 2-3 hundred dollars and you found them at a yard sale for 25 or 50, you wouldnt buy em?
    Anonymous

• No, I've NEVER paid $25 let alone $50 for jeans and I wouldn't be crazy enough to WASTE $300 on a pair of jeans when I can buy an entire wardrobe with that or fill my pantry and freezer up.

It's selfish to waste money like that on clothes, especially maternity clothes oyu'll wear for a few months. When I do buy brand new clothes I go to DOTS and pay no more than $15 for tops or jeans...but I do the majority of my shopping at thrift stores and consignment shops, just as I grocery shop at Aldi or Save-A-Lot. It's silly and ridiculous to spend more for things than you have to, whether you are hurting for money or loaded.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• wow totally agreed. I haven't even been preggo in like 2 1/2 years now and my maternity clothes have been through3 friends, myself and a cousin now...they are WAY expensive to just be DONE with...Besides one never knows...and my first pregnancy I hit the old navy sale and got a great BIG stuffed Shopping bag FULL of clothes (maternity) for 65.00
    Personally I would never have spent 20.00 on two pr of used jeans either...I think my maternity jeans were probably 20. bucks each from old navy anway you only wear each size for like 8 or 12 weeks anyway.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2010