losing weight while pregnant?!?

is it safe to lose weight while pregnant? if i eat healthy and excersize? or atleast lose fat and tighten arms and legs and stuff? im 5'5 and fluctuate between 175-180 i still didnt lose my sons baby weight! ugh lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as you are healthy and your doc says its fine then I don't see I problem, I wouldn't try losing a lot of weight but getting into shape isn't a bad idea.
    Anonymous

• Don't restrict your calorie intake, but you can eat right and do some moderate exercise - walking/lifting small amounts of weight, lots of repetitions. I wouldn't focus so much on the scale as much as making sure you are making smart choices - your dr will keep an eye on the scale and let you know if there's a problem there.

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Just make sure the food you consume is HEALTHY. It's better to loose weight then gain from HEALTHY foods than it is to gain even the proper amount from unhealthy food.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You are not supposed to do any weight lifting or try to lose weight.
    Talk to your Dr about a healthy diet and what exercise is safe.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Exercise will help you have an easier delivery. But, it should be about health. Eat healthily. Also, I think many of us eat too much while we are pregnant. I think about all those poor women who vomit for 9 months and their children are born healthy.
    Anonymous