How would you feel...

if you found your SO, DH, looking through your phone? Would you think, he's got issues with trusting you? What would you think about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think he was looking for a phone number. There is nothing in my phone I don't want him to see so I wouldn't have a problem with it. I pick his phone up and look at stuff all the time. Sometimes to look for a number and sometimes to see the txt he has got. Sometimes he gets some pretty funny jokes from his friends and I like to read them. No big deal.
    Anonymous

• I would think he was looking for a phone number. My first instinct wouldn't be paranoid judgement. Unless of course I had other reason to believe he was snooping.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I KNOW my husband would be looking for a number. He can hardly remember his OWN phone number, much less anyone else's!! He has no idea how to find a text, a pic, or anything else on my phone. He refuses to carry a cell phone for himself. (He is a technological dinosaur by choice!)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 1:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS LAST NIGHT!!! I had to pay off a debt from my previous marriage that I forgot about, so I paid it yesterday and the called and left my EX-DH a voicemail telling him that I paid it. I told my SO and he got upset then later on that night I found him looking in phone and I asked him what he was doing, he said he wanted to see how long I talked to my ex for. I was furious!!!
    Anonymous

• Of course I would think that. Why else would he do such a thing? And don't give me the "looking for a phone number" crap either because we all know men don't look for that stuff themselves..they just ask US to find it for them because they can never find anything!
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yes, I would think he was snooping, because he has done it before with my computer.
    Anonymous

• I would just ask what he was doing. He knows, as do I with him, that neither of us has anything to hide and we both have no problems letting the other see our phones, e-mail, whatever. Which is why neither of us ever looks, simply b/c we know we CAN. So, I would assume that he has a legit reason for looking at my phone and I'd want to know what he was doing so I could help him find whatever he's looking for.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I have nothing to hide, so I wouldnt care
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't be upset about him looking. I would be upset he thought he had to sneak it. I've always been told normally the one to assume something is the one doing wrong. And I've never seen it proven wrong. So afterward I'd wonder what made him feel like he had to snoop
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't think anything about it. My phone is an open book to him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010