Do you think the IRS is the best choice to enforce Obamalosi Healthcare Bill?

If this IS true. Do you suppor the idea of using the IRS ?

House Republicans said Thursday that the health care overhaul will expand IRS authority by giving agents the power to verify acceptable health care coverage and fine or confiscate the tax refunds of Americans without coverage.

Republican members of the House Ways and Means Committee, a panel that oversees taxes and health issues, also charged that IRS audits will likely increase if health care legislation is passed. They added the IRS will require up to $10 billion to administer the new program. They also claimed the IRS may need to hire 16,500 additional employees.

"This dangerously expands IRS authority," said Representative David Camp, (R., Mich.), the ranking Republican on the Committee on Ways and Means. "Most Americans will find it shocking and troubling."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The IRS in charge of anything is never a good idea.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• NO !!! I just say today when the IRS workers them self owe a billion in back taxes.
    Anonymous

• The IRS is one of the scariest divisions of the government, IMO.
    Anonymous

• This is a bad idea. The IRS can barely keep up with the tax laws, and a lot of the deductions are allowable or not depending on the person doing the audit. But, hey, lets give them the say so over whether the health care plan we have is acceptable or not, too!

If I ever go to DC, I'm taking my OWN water, cause there is something that is killing off the brain cells of the so-called smart people there.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Bigger government is NEVER the answer!

Yeah, so those 3-4,000,000 jobs....all government jobs. Libs should be thrilled that they voted for change?! Oh wait, wasn't this the change you had in mind?! Don't you just hate semantics?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well, I voted for Obama for only one reason: I thought he was going to bring home ALL our military and put an end tio the disgusting War in Iraq. And...I guess because he had to be better thaan McCAin and PALIN. Oh,and I am not a ....dreaded Liberal.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well, the IRS is already good at taking money from people, why not give them the power to take even more?

Wow.....how far up their asses have they put their heads, to even be considering something like this.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 3:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• All about control.The DEEMS want to control everything including every aspect of our lives they can possibly grab hold of.
    Anonymous

• I suppose this is one way to end the "I got a big tax refund and you didn't " bragging here on cm.
    Anonymous

lol
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010