What is the best pump to use?

What pump have you ladies gotten the best results from?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 1:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela worked well for me. If you will be pumping a lot it's a good option, but if you are only pumping occaissionally I'd go with something cheaper.
    Anonymous

• It depends on your needs. I work part time so I have a medela single electric pump. Some one who works full time needs a better pump. Go to www.kellymom.com  and look at the article for choosing a pump.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I liked Medela. Pretty gentle.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i have a medela freestyle and i love it. It came with a manual pump as well that works unbelievably well. Depends on how frequently you will be using it
    Anonymous

• medela
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I used the playtex one from walmart and it worked pretty good for me.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Profile says SAHM....you don't *need* a pump, but the Avent Isis is great for the occasional bottle when you're going to be gone. No bottles while you're there, OK? That's supply defense and no one needs to feed baby to bond. That's an enormous myth.

If you'll need more than the occasional bottle, then anything Medela. No Gerber, First Years or Evenflo...all are the Yugos of the breast pump world.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had a hand pump with my 1st three because I didn't need many bottles and it worked okay for that. Anything more than an occasional pump, I would recommend renting a hospital grade electric (you can buy one, but they are expensive - you still have to buy the "hookups"). That's what I did with my 4th and it was a godsend!

Answer by missanc at 2:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and like to have a bottle or two in the fridge so I can go shopping and leave the little guys with my hubby or so that my hubby can feed our second child while I read bedtime stories to our first. I use the Avent Isis manual about every other day and at the moment I can get 4 oz each time. For the money it works well for me.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• What are your pumping needs? If it's just for an occasional bottle, a manual will do fine, or even a cheaper electric one. If you are going to be exclusively pumping, or plan on returning to work and need to pump while you are work, a Medela Pump in Style is a good choice, as is an Ameda Purely Yours. Whatever your needs are, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT even CONSIDER an Evenflo pump.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2010