Where the hell am I going to find someone to hire me for 10 measly hours

I applied for subsidized daycare for when I go to school. I will be going to school 9 to 4:30 M-f. But apparently I am not eligable because I dont work. I am already going to be doing a 40 hour week. UGH and people sit on their ass and collect food stamps and cash assistance for nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• or some people have kids and go to school and don't work and try to collect daycare, don't judge you are in the same boat
    Anonymous

• no im not, i get child support, not cash assistance, i buy my food, no the government, I am trying to better my life not just sit on my ass and collect forever and ever and ever. Dumb B****
    Anonymous

• "Dumb B?" Sounds like you're bettering yourself already.

I worked my way through college. I went full time and worked 30 hours a week. You're going to have to make the choice....either work full time or work part time and go to school. Life isn't easy when you decide to have kids before you do things you want to do like finish school. I don't want my tax dollars to pay your childcare expenses so you can go to school without working at all.

You have a really bad attitude and sound like you think the world owes you something. Get the chip off your shoulder and pay your dues.
    Anonymous

• I can help! I really can...and it can help you in more ways than you could ever possibly imagine... Whether you work 10 hours a week or 100 hours. I have a business that works So incredibily well in your given situation you wouldn't even believe it! I would message you with more details if you want and we can chat, or you can message me. ...YOu could even make enough to not have the subsidized daycare and maybe get someone to com to you to watch the little one! www.IDSafety.INFO
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• And just for the record I think your answerer before was really kind of un-necessary....She wasn't being rude or having a chip as I read it but you certainly decided to jump in with one...if you didn't like her question you should have just continued on and not stopped to add your 2 cents in without expecting her to be defensive. You don't know her at all, so it sounds like everyone might be being a bit JUDGEMENTAL here. Why not try to help instead of being accusitory.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why is it then when someone needs help people who "think"< yes THINK they are better then others think that it helps by rubbing in whatever they did. Working as a whore doesnt count. And no your tax dollars shouldnt go to me right, they should go to a druggie or drug dealer who decides not to work or go to school. Or a mother of 5 kids pregnant with her 6th. Let me guess, I bet a nail this dead on. you are in your mid 40's, middle class, drive an expensive car, and think that you're better then everyone else.
    Anonymous

• I know someone that works 2 hours a day and brings her kids with her: she works in the child care room at a gym. It's not much money at all but she gets a free gym membership and has no child care costs. It's worth a try...good luck!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Try a temp agency. They should be able to find you a business that only needs help a few hours a week.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• ORiginal poster...I wasn't jumping on you, I was defending you...Maybe it came out wrong on here..but i was referring to you as not having a chip and her as being judgemental..not the other way around...I was truly trying to help you with a service business I already KNOW can be great for you ...especially given your ciscumstances.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Happymom, I know you were defending me thanks
    Anonymous