What advice should I give? (don't know where to put this)

One of my friends is in a big mess. She slept with her friends BF, and she got pregnant for the guy. My friend is asking me what she should do about her situation. I have no idea what I should tell her. OK so, my friend did tell this guy she was pregnant for him, but he just said the baby isn't his. She wants to get child support from him. She did tell her friend what she had done, she never did say she was pregnant. She doesn't want to hurt her friend anymore than she already did. Not my business but she is asking for advice. I don't know what to say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• It's a messy situation that's only going to get worse. If you want to be there for her, then tell her that, but otherwise not sure what if anything can be advised for her to do other than deal with the consequences of her actions. It's not like a do over ... she has to deal with it.

The "friend" is going to find out sooner or later that your friend is pregnant and a paternity test will likely be necessary for child support since he is denying it's his baby. This most likely is going to get ugly and you can be there for your friend, but that's about it. Just have to let it play out.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 2:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Oh GOOD LORD. Stay OUT of it...she made her bed let her lay in it.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Support and be there for her, but stay out of the situation. Let her deal with the other people herself.
    Anonymous

• Wow some friend Mizus. Yes your friend screwed up, and she knows it, all the more reason to be there. She didn't do this on her own, yet she's left alone. I'd be there for support. Especially let her vent to you if need be. Maybe go with her to tell the friend. LIke MaryJacobs said, shes gonna find out. Better to do it sooner rather than later.
    Anonymous