21 weeks pregnant and concerned

i heard its not good to lay on your right side or on your back and i try to sleep on my left side but after a while it hurts because i slept on it for so long.. then i end up turning over on my right side.. and sometimes ill wake up laying on my back.. kinda worried??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They say that laying on your back can cut off some of the blood flow, however, you can't force your body NOT to do anything. But a lot of doctors will tell you that it's not a big deal as long as you're getting sleep.
    Anonymous

• As long as it causes no pain it is fine, I found that when I was pregnant on my back was the best for my first and my second I laid at an angle soso on my stomach. AS long as there is no pain then you are fine.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My whole pregnancy I would start out on my left side at night and end up on my right side. I finally ended up putting a body pillow on both sides of me so I could have something to lean against and the one in the back would make it so I wouldn't lay on my back, then when I wanted to flip to the other side I had the same thing with the pillows. the last two weeks I'm pretty sure I was flipping from one side to the other every 20 minutes or so and all the time I spent on my right side my baby is just fine.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 2:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I found a body pillow really helped. They're about $30.
    Anonymous

• You don't have to lay on your left side!
    Anonymous

• u dont have to lay on ur left side..its perfered but not vital. although they dont want u to sleep on ur back, bc it limits ur blood supply to the baby-among other things. but if u wake up on ur back in the middle of the night or something, its no big deal. jus roll back over on one of ur sides. ur right side, isnt terribly bad to sleep on. since, u only have one option-u cant expect to be on ur left side the whole time ur sleeping. so u can alternate between either side. its not a terrible thing. ( I am also 21 mths..congrats momma!) =)
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• BODY PILLOW $10 AT WALMART..LOL
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I am 22 weeks today. I get freaked out laying on my back cause I don't want to take any risks and with my first baby it would make her heart rate go down and the Dr. would get concerned. Sooo, instead of a body pillow I got a wedge so that I could sleep on my back if I want but be elevated so that it would be safe. My midwife said that this is a good way to remedy the problem. So maybe that will help you.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 6:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010