8 months pregnant and high blood presure?

I am just at 8 months pregnant with my second baby, and I feel awful. My blood presure has been up and down, and the doctor said there is nothing they can do except for me to sit down when it gets high, im still working and wondering if the doctor really knows what she is talkig about. I'm sick all the time, throwing up a lot, dizzy. Did anyone else have this problem?

skylarsmommy24

Asked by skylarsmommy24 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i did with my first pregnancy. i quit my job,and the next week i went and it was normal!!!
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• How high is high? My dr said she doesn't get concerned until the top number is 150 or more. My BP went up with my 3rd, but then went back down.

You need to stay off your feet and cut down on your sodium (no eating out, not eating processed foods, and eat frozen instead of canned veggies).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• then you should be able to go on disability. Did you tell him that you get dizzy and vomit?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It has been running 160/90
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had high blood pressure with my 1st pregnancy. I had Pre eclampsia, and had to be induced at 36 weeks because it was just sky rocketing and they couldn't get it to come down. If your blood pressure is running in the 160's I would be concerned for your health and the babies health. My daughter was born with High blood pressure, and she is 4 years old and FINALLY just got off of all her meds for it. Your baby can also have a lack of blood/oxygen to the brain. My daughter did, she was also born with PVL. When you feel like that I would go immediately to the ER and have them hook you up. They may have to admit you to the hospital to keep you on monitors, and if it doesn't come down they would have to induce.

With my 2nd daughter, they watched me very closely. I wouldn't allow my doctor to say that they can't do anything about it. You are jeopardizing your babies health and your own by doing nothing!
    Anonymous

• go to a new doc
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• The doctor induced me because of this, but based on my experience I'd wait until it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to get induced. Listen to your doc and take it easy.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You need to stop eating, and look into dietary changes, and drink more water than you think is possible. If these dont help and your doctor isn't concerned go see another doctor. Try adding a lot of garlic to your diet as well it helps a lot.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I too had this happen about 34 wks into my 1st pregnancy. Blood pressure shot up and they diagnosed pre-eclampsia at 36 wks. I was induced at 36wks/6day but I do not recommend being induced unless absolutely necessary. Stay off your feet & stay away from salt!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2010