What month does a baby start Crawling?

My baby six months so will it be soon when she starts i mean i lay her on her belly alot .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter didn't start crawling til she was 11 months old and didn't start walking til she was 16 months. Some babies just skip the crawling
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• It is different for all babies. I had cousins that never crawled. My son crawled early, started 3 days before he was 5 months old. He is VERY active though. Tummy time helps with the crawling. She will likely start to "army" crawl first. You will begin to see signs that she is ready to start crawling. There is not any set time they should crawl by. I bet you are enjoying this time with her! :-)
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Most babies start to crawl around 6-10 months. However, some children will not crawl. My daughter is 7 months old, she really wants to crawl I think. She tries to do the army crawl and she can roll to anywhere she needs to be! You can lay her on the floor on her tummy and place something in front of her to give her more incentive.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Macy started at 8 months.
    MaMaT5905

Answer by MaMaT5905 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't worry just yet. Crawlingusually starts around 7 months with a few babies crawling before that, some babies crawling after that, and some babies skipping it all together. You are doing a great job by placing her on her tummy. You might try holding her trunk to help her hold up her weight on her hands and knees; when she is comfortable bearing weight through her hands and knees she should be off and crawling. But don't worry if she doesn't crawl, she may skip it and that is ok ( it is a milestone that is not that critical to the child's physical gross motor development). If she starts to fall behind in other areas as well though, you would want to mention that to you MD.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• All kids develop at different rates. My son didn't start crawling until he was 8 months.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2008