PMS without a period??

I've tried to look this up, but i'm not having any luck. i'm currently breastfeeding a 7 month old. she don't nurse at night, and nurses about ever 4 to 5 hours during the day.
the day i was suppose to start my period i started cramping, feeling bloated, headaches, dull backache, nausea, very irritable and tired.

it's been a week and yesterday and today i've had nausea, tired and some lite cramping but nothing else. no period no spotting.

has anyone else ever had this happen before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Health

• When you breastfeed, sometimes you won't have a period for quite some time. It was almost a year before I had my first real period when I was breastfeeding. Your situation sounds pretty normal to me. If you are concerned check with your dr. Easy enough.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I go through it several months a year. Mine is hormonal. When I was younger it happened all the time (10 yrs in fact) and they regulated my hormones so I was regular each month but now menopause is causing my hormones to be crazy and it happens. It's happening as we speak and it just doesn't seem fare to go through all that and nothing come out!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'd check for pregnancy. It could be possible. I didn't have that when I breastfed my son but everyone is different.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I have had exactly what you described in the early months of my last 3 pregnancies.. all the syptoms of a period cramping, pms, headaches, backache , irritable, with nausea and tiredness but no bleeding. This never happend until after I had my first c-section.
    Anonymous

• i've had 2 periods already. that's how i know it's late.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 6:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010