porn- OK or not OK?

This is a topic I see a lot-
So without judgment or agenda-
I'm interesting in knowing how women feel and why. So if you don't want your husband watching porn, why is that?
and if you are OK with it or like it yourself, why so?

interested in hearing what you have to say- Please post!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't have a problem with it at all. To me, it's not him "cheating on me". Men (and women too, just less so) are visual creatures. We all masturbate, and if we don't, we should. I might weave a fantasy in my head about making passionate love to Johnny Depp on a deserted beach while I masturbate, he watches porn. We have watched porn together, and even though some of it makes me laugh, certain things turn me on too. It's all good.

I have no reason to distrust him.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Do not watch/husband does not watch. We feel that since we are married our sexual pleasure should only come from each other.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Totally ok with it.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• porn is not cheating, is not an addiction, is not unhealthy. The only people who have an issue with it are EXTREMELY insecure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I don't really like it, but I don't have a problem with it in our home as long as there is honesty, and it isn't effecting our relationship. I realized that when I was really bothered with it had to do with the fact that I was pregnant, and felt like he wasn't attracted to me anymore. After I got over that, I realized that I don't really have a problem with it.

IMO, there are two reason that women have a problem with porn. #1 The are religiously or morally opposed or #2 they don't feel desired by their husband.

The latter is both parties problem. The man needs to make the woman feel desired, and the woman needs to be comfortable enough with herself to allow herself to be desired.

To each their own.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's not different than alcohol. In moderation I could care less. If it became and addiction, then I would have a problem with it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• ok...I love porn. lol. my husband perfers not to watch it. hes jus not interested in it. but i watch it on my own all the time. not ashamed.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Not true Obby. Porn can become an addiction if it interferes with everyday life, and some people do have religious or moral qualms with porn.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I love it, personally. I watch on occasion by myself, and my fiance and I watch together all the time. It brings us closer, often sparks conversation and opens doors to talk about our desires, making our sex life so much better. Because the #1 most important thing in a healthy relationship AND healthy sex life is communication.

I posted in a group I'm in asking women to explain why they get so up in arms about their men watching porn, but so far no one's been able to answer. I don't even know if they know why.
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Well for some women it's a moral and religious issue. I personally don't think religion has any place in my bedroom, and I sure as hell don't want religion when i'm having an orgasm lol. Other women are insecure with themselves and their husbands. Other times women are married to friggen PIGS, and those pigs use porn to substitute their wives BUT in those instances it's not the PORN thats a problem, it's the PIGS
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010