Any other second & third time moms deal with this?

With my first DD I experianced a lot of fetal movement from about 16 wks through delivery. I am 23 wks with my second DD and she moves very little. I'm wondering how many other moms have had this happen? Was your baby perfect as perfect can be or should I be worried. Her ultrasound at 20 wks was perfect & she was 13oz, that gave me comfort but still I worry. I try to remind myself that every pregnancy is different and that my body is different that it was with my first but I still can't completely shake the fear that something is wrong. Just need some reassurance I guess... success stories would be a blessing to hear. Thanks!! =)

prettylilrae

Asked by prettylilrae at 2:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is my 5th pregnancy and each one has been different. This one moves ALL the time, but each of them has had their own pattern of movement - and I'm surprised it hasn't really correlated much with their activity level after birth. My 2nd moved the least, but is just as healthy and active as the others.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My first moved CONSTANTLY, my second didn't move nearly as much, sometimes I'd go a whole day without really noticing much movement, but that was what was normal for him, with my third I had another wiggly one. Every child is very, very different, even in the womb!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thanks guys, I just needed to hear it from moms that have been there! This really does help me have some ease!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 3:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My first moved all the time, my second I didn't feel much until further along. I finally figured out that it was because she was facing my back, so all her kicks and flailings were inside where I couldn't feel them as much, and even when she moved so I could feel her, she wasn't nearly as active as my first. So it could be this baby's personality, or position, or a little of both. But my baby was fine, had a picture-perfect pregnancy. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had it happen with my third. My first always moved starting at a couple months. My second moved a lot at night not so much during the day starting at a couple months. My third though I hardly felt all the way through my doctor freaked out at one point and gave me a fetal movement test where they screw with the baby sending loud noises and poking it while watching on an ultra sound to see how much it moves. It could be nothing mine was just a lazy little boy. However it could be some thing so I would speak with your doctor if you are concerned. GOOD LUCK I'm sure it's fine.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My first was a wild child even before birth. I later had twins and expected lots of movement since there were two babies, but they hardly ever moved even before they got really cramped. I did have some extra monitoring when I told my doctor I was feeling much movement, but they were fine.
    Anonymous

• With my first baby she was always moving throught the whole day and my second baby hardly ever moved but my 1st daughter was always moving after I had her and she nevers stops she always doing something and as for my 2nd daughter I notice a bid difference she has been a very calm baby since I had her.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 11:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My first was so active from the first moment I started to feel him move. I just delivered my second and as of now she is as healthy as can be. I had the same anxiety with my second as you are having with yours. I first felt her move in my 18th week and after that I barely felt her until about 24-25 weeks. She was fairly active at night after then, but I still barely felt her during the day - sometimes she didnt even move enough for the "kick-count". I'm sure everything is fine but if you're anything like me I was anxious up until I delivered her and I was able to see for myself she was fine. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :)
    Lori43bg

Answer by Lori43bg at 12:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2010