Do you or your husband/SO hit things (walls, etc) when you are/he is/she is angry?

Just curious..a friend of mine told me her fiance hit a wall in their house the other night and it made me wonder if this is common. I used to hit walls..but that was a looong time ago.

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 3:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hitting a wall does NOT = an abuser. That's just absurd. It means the person has anger issues. Not all angry people are abusive people, they just needed help controlling and venting their anger.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• no we dont, we dont even yell.I personally like to be by myself,ill take a shower or go shopping if i shower or wash my face that usually means im so upset im crying,but i dont even show him that. but please dont think that this means we are perfect because we arent we just handle stuff differently.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No,we don't have anger issues.We've never said or done anything to get that pissed.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No, we rarely even argue! My ex-husband used to do that though, and it was one of the reasons I decided to leave... I firmly believe people who do that have an anger management issue, and I'd rather it not be my head instead of the wall next time, know what I mean?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No, that is the first sign of abuse, first the wall, then the wife
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My DH doesn't, but my ex did. And that was only the start. He started to be controlling, calling friends without my knowing and telling them to stay away, his drug habit (that i didn't know about) got brought into light when I had a gun held to my face because of him. She should definitely keep her eyes open, cuz it can escalate fast.
    Anonymous

• My husband has broken furniture as well as some doors.
    Anonymous

• Just because a man hits walls when he is angry doesnt mean he will hit his woman. My guy has never hit me and he has hit walls and stuff more times than he or I can count. Anger management is no option, he is just dramatic.
    Anonymous

• ergh the few times weve had like a pretty bad fight he will hit the walls or slam doors it drives me crazy .. it does take alot to get him that mad
    Brynnlyman

Answer by Brynnlyman at 3:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yep, he will scream so loud and let out his "lingo". I've asked him to stop from day one. But he's never hit me or even threatened me. I just hate the yelling though. He used to throw stuff or punch walls but that has stopped thank God! My mother in law said my father in law used to have a hot temper too but it stopped the older he got. I think its more common than people will admit but is it acceptable?? NO.
    Anonymous